- HUTCHINSON, Kan. -- The 11th-ranked Hutchinson Community College football team ran for more than 300 yards and picked off four passes defensively to defeat the Bethany College Junior Varsity 45-7 on Thursday night at Gowans Stadium to open the 2014 season.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Jordan Schafer tied a career high with four RBIs, including a two-run single in the 10th inning Thursday night as the Minnesota Twins defeated the Kansas City Royals 11-5.
- GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Matt Flynn and Scott Tolzien each threw for two touchdowns in their competition to back up starting quarterback Aaron Rodgers, and the Green Bay Packers beat the Kansas Chiefs 34-14 in a preseason finale Thursday night.
- Hutchinson Community College football coach Rion Rhoades made a major announcement prior to Thursday’s 2014 season opener against the Bethany College Junior Varsity at Gowans Stadium.
- LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Running back Anthony Brown has quit Southern California's football team, and coach Steve Sarkisian was stunned by Brown's apparent accusations of racism against him on social media.
- Tony Stewart will return to Sprint Cup competition Sunday night at Atlanta Motor Speedway, ending a three-race hiatus after his car struck and killed a fellow driver during a dirt-track race.
- NEW YORK (AP) -- NFL players will be subject to a six-week suspension for a first domestic violence offense and banishment from the league for a second under a new policy outlined by Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Nori Aoki drove in the go-ahead run during a six-run eighth inning Wednesday night, sending the Kansas City Royals to a 6-1 victory over the Minnesota Twins.
- WICHITA, Kan. -- You can probably find most 9 year-olds at a local playground looking forward to their next field trip. But for Zach Thomas, he's at Wichita Airstrike training for a trip to Italy.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Royals optioned reliever Aaron Crow to Double-A Northwest Arkansas to open up a roster spot for right-hander Liam Hendriks to make a spot start Wednesday night against Minnesota.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221