Posted: 1:27 PM
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- First baseman Eric Hosmer was activated from the disabled list and first-round draft pick Brandon Finnegan was promoted from Double-A Northwest Arkansas in a flurry of roster moves by the Royals on Monday.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Pitcher Brandon Finnegan, who was the Kansas City Royals' first-round pick in the June draft out of TCU, will be among the September call-ups, the club said Sunday.
- WICHITA, Kan. -- In a battle that featured a combined 31 runs, 30 hits, eight errors, three ejections, five players with multiple RBI, and a position player on the mound to close it out, the Wingnuts prevailed 17-14 against Laredo.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Sunday that the team has inked quarterback Alex Smith to a long-term contract. Terms of the contract will not be disclosed by the club.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Michael Brantley and Carlos Santana each had an RBI single in the 11th inning, leading the Cleveland Indians to a 3-2 victory over the sliding Kansas City Royals on Saturday night.
- MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Jake Waters threw for 223 yards and accounted for four touchdowns and Charles Jones ran for a pair of scores as No. 20 Kansas State pounded Stephen F. Austin 55-16 on Saturday night.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Carlos Santana, who homered five times at Kauffman Stadium in a series last month, hit a two-run homer as the Cleveland Indians topped the Kansas City Royals 6-1 Friday night.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221