Black voters turned out in droves for Democrat Doug Jones
Black voters in Alabama -- particularly black women -- voted overwhelmingly in favor of Democrat Doug Jones, according to exit poll data.
Former Kansas official admits misusing city money
A former southeast Kansas city administrator has admitted that he misspent taxpayer money, including buying GPS devices that he used to track his former mistress.
President Trump's approval rating at 32 percent, poll finds
President Donald Trump's approval rating sits at 32%, according to a new poll released by the Pew Research Center, matching the lowest level in any poll on his approval since he took office in January.
The Latest: Franken steps down, takes shot at Trump
A majority of the Senate's Democrats are calling on Minnesota Sen. Al Franken to quit after another woman accused him of forcibly trying to kiss her.
In awkward situation, Kansas seems to have 2 governors
Sam Brownback remains the governor of Kansas while he awaits U.S. Senate confirmation to take an ambassador post in the administration of President Donald Trump.
Supreme Court allows full enforcement of Trump travel ban
The Supreme Court is allowing the Trump administration to fully enforce a ban on travel to the United States by residents of six mostly Muslim countries.
Governor Brownback says farewell, advocates new medical facility in Wichita
Governor Sam Brownback spoke at Wichita’s Pachyderm Club, reflecting on his career as Governor of Kansas and where he wants to see the state.
President Trump says Tillerson ouster is 'fake news'
Trump is responding on Twitter to widespread reports attributed to White House officials describing a plan to oust Tillerson and replace him with CIA Director Mike Pompeo.
Kansas tax collections $8.5 million more than expected in November
Kansas is reporting that it collected $8.5 million more in taxes than anticipated in November.
Flynn says Trump transition team directed him to contact Russian officials
As part of a plea deal, former national security adviser Michael Flynn has admitted that a senior member of the Trump transition team directed him to make contact with Russian officials in December 2016.
Kansas nursing homes deal with spike in fines, citations
Kansas nursing homes are facing a spike in fines and citations industry members consider heavy-handed enforcement of federal regulations.
Records: Taxpayer cash spent to track Kansas official's ex-mistress
Court records say a former southeast Kansas city administrator spent taxpayer money on GPS tracking devices and monitoring services that he used to track his former mistress.
City of Wichita taking up discussion of fireworks restrictions
The City of Wichita has restrictions to Fourth of July fireworks celebrations that are more strict than state rules.
Donald Trump Jr. leads Kansas fundraiser for Kobach campaign
Donald Trump Jr. is doing a fundraiser for Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach's campaign for governor.
Kansas coalition forms PAC against Kobach
Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach is facing a newly formed fundraising committee dedicated to stopping him from becoming governor.
President Trump raising money in New York for 2020 campaign, GOP
President Donald Trump is back in New York raising money for his 2020 re-election campaign and the Republican Party.
Hillary Clinton: It's time to abolish the Electoral College
Hillary Clinton told CNN on Wednesday that it is time to abolish the Electoral College, part of a sweeping interview where the former Democratic nominee sought to explain why she lost the 2016 election.
Seattle mayor resigns after 5th sex abuse claim
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray has announced his resignation after a fifth man came forward and accused him of sexual abuse decades ago.
James Comey has called Donald Trump a liar 5 times today. The White House says he isn't.
In the first hour of former FBI Director James Comey's testimony on Capitol Hill about the nature and details of his relationship with President Donald Trump, he called the president a liar twice.
Spicer raises eyebrows suggesting Hitler didn't 'sink to using chemical weapons'
White House press secretary Sean Spicer made some eyebrow raising remarks Tuesday as he tried condemning Russia's alliance with Syrian leader Bassar al-Assad in the wake of the horrific chemical weapons attack last week.
Official: President Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
A government official says the Trump administration will revoke guidelines that say transgender students should be allowed to use bathrooms and locker rooms matching their chosen gender identity.
Trump asks black reporter to schedule meeting with Congressional Black Caucus
President Donald Trump raised eyebrows Thursday afternoon when he asked a black reporter at a free-wheeling press conference to arrange a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus.
Secret Service director retiring, lead agency amid turmoil
Director Joseph Clancy took over on an interim basis in late 2014 and was appointed director by President Barack Obama in early 2015.
Canadian prime minister makes first visit to Trump's White House
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visits the White House Monday, becoming the third world leader to meet with President Donald Trump face to face.
Will President Trump give Conway leniency he won't give media?
On Thursday night Kellyanne Conway cited a nonexistent "massacre" in Bowling Green, Kentucky to justify the administration's temporary travel ban.
Senate confirms Rex Tillerson as secretary of state
The Republican-led Senate has confirmed Rex Tillerson as President Donald Trump's secretary of state.
President Trump pledges to work with Big Pharma to lower drug prices
President Donald Trump issued a message Tuesday to pharmaceutical company executives akin to one he delivered to auto executives last week: bring your production back to the United States and the Trump administration will lower regulations for you.
ANALYSIS: President's order heightens risk of extremist attacks in the US, counterterror expert says
The order suspends immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries in the Middle East and Africa for 90 days. It ends for 120 days the entry of any refugees into the U.S. and indefinitely suspends the entry of Syrian refugees.
- Democrat Doug Jones has won a stunning victory in Alabama's Senate election, beating back history, an embattled Republican opponent and President Donald Trump.Democrat Doug Jones has won a stunning victory in Alabama's Senate election, beating back history, an embattled Republican opponent and President Donald Trump.
- A Republican lawmaker in Kentucky facing sexual assault allegations has killed himself.A Republican lawmaker in Kentucky facing sexual assault allegations has killed himself.
- Republican higher education bill that eliminates key student loan subsidies and boosts for-profit colleges passes first major hurdle in House.Republican higher education bill that eliminates key student loan subsidies and boosts for-profit colleges passes first major hurdle in House.
- Republican lawmakers are challenging the deputy attorney general about the political leanings of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigative team.Republican lawmakers are challenging the deputy attorney general about the political leanings of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigative team.
- Moore not conceding defeat in Senate race.Moore not conceding defeat in Senate race.
- An FBI agent removed from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigative team over politically charged text messages referred to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump as an "idiot.".An FBI agent removed from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigative team over politically charged text messages referred to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump as an "idiot.".
- House and Senate GOP leaders have forged an agreement on a sweeping overhaul of the nation's tax laws.House and Senate GOP leaders have forged an agreement on a sweeping overhaul of the nation's tax laws.
- President Donald Trump's pick to oversee chemical safety at the Environmental Protection Agency has withdrawn his nomination after bipartisan opposition made his Senate confirmation unlikely.President Donald Trump's pick to oversee chemical safety at the Environmental Protection Agency has withdrawn his nomination after bipartisan opposition made his Senate confirmation unlikely.
- Alabama's election chief says it is "unlikely" that the outcome of the state's U.S. Senate race will change even as Republican Roy looks to a possible recount.Alabama's election chief says it is "unlikely" that the outcome of the state's U.S. Senate race will change even as Republican Roy looks to a possible recount.
- Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says the U.S. has discussed with China about how North Korea's nuclear weapons might be secured in case of instability in the reclusive nation.Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says the U.S. has discussed with China about how North Korea's nuclear weapons might be secured in case of instability in the reclusive nation.
- A massive Republican tax package swiftly taking shape would pull down the top tax rate for wealthy Americans to 37 percent and slash the tax rate for corporations to a level slightly above what businesses and...A massive Republican tax package swiftly taking shape would pull down the top tax rate for wealthy Americans to 37 percent and slash the tax rate for corporations to a level slightly above what businesses and conservatives wanted.
Most Popular Stories
Secret Santa pays off $40,000 in layaway orders
An anonymous donor has paid off all the items on layaway at a Pennsylvania Walmart, giving 200 families a holiday gift.
Garden City police search for rape, kidnapping suspect
Police in Garden City are asking for help in finding a 29-year-old woman who is wanted for rape and kidnapping.
Kansas couple receives no money for mistaken police raid
A federal court ruled Tuesday that Adlynn and Robert Harte of Leawood should not receive any monetary damages for the 2012 SWAT-style raid by deputies looking for a marijuana growing operation.
Haysville Schools to change policy on head lice
Micah Roach says she didn't overreact when she found bugs crawling around her 5-year-old son’s head.
First K-9 pit bull in Kansas takes a bite out of crime
The Stafford Police Department's K-9 Kano is the first pit bull police dog in Kansas. In his first drug bust on Monday, he assisted authorities by sniffing out $7,500 worth of marijuana in Great Bend.
Thieves steal $20,000 in merchandise from Wichita store
A menswear store was the target by two thieves, and when their feat was over they ended up with $20,000 in merchandise. The thieves struck in the cover a darkness.
Police investigate Kansas house fire where 3 bodies found as possible homicide
Police are investigating a deadly Kansas house fire as a possible homicide after finding three bodies inside.
Police recover Wichita Brewing Company's stolen truck
The Wichita Brewing Company says its truck that was stolen on Tuesday has been recovered.
Wrong-way driver causes crash on Kellogg; alcohol possibly a factor
Wichita police say four people suffered minor to serious injuries after a wrong-way driver caused a crash on Kellogg.
Police investigate bank robbery in northeast Wichita
Wichita police are investigating a robbery at a Fidelity Bank branch on the city's northeast side.