Steve Bannon out as White House chief strategist
Trump accepted Bannon's resignation on Friday, ending a turbulent seven months for his chief strategist, the latest to depart from the president's administration in turmoil.
Kansas corrections officers could get pay raises
Gov. Sam Brownback announced Thursday that corrections officers at the state's prisons will get pay raises.
Former Lawrence mayor gets prison for theft from food bank
Former Lawrence mayor Jeremy Farmer has been sentenced to 10 months in federal prison for embezzling money from a food bank.
Kansas announces effort to redesign public schools
Kansas officials have chosen seven school districts to participate in an effort to redesign public education.
Colyer confirms bid for full term as Kansas governor in 2018
Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer has confirmed that he will seek a full, four-year term as Kansas governor in 2018 after assuming the office upon Gov. Sam Brownback's departure.
Woman nominated for Kansas federal judgeship
Teeter's background includes being "first in her class at the University of Kansas' School of Law."
Gay former Topeka mayoral candidate says he got death threats
A Topeka, Kansas, man who was the city's first openly gay mayoral candidate says he received death threats during his unsuccessful primary campaign.
Historical significance of McAdams pool closing
At the latest Wichita City Council meeting on Tuesday people came to speak out against the closure of McAdams pool. City Councilwoman Janet Miller offered a plan to reopen the pool, but in four years with money moved from another project.
Johnson, Kinard advance in Wichita City Council race
There are four candidates vying for the position: Brandon Johnson, Mike Kinard, John Stevens and Janet Wilson.
2017 Primary Election Results
Here are the latest primary election results from August 1, 2017.
Kansas collects $7.6 million more in taxes than expected in July
Kansas says it collected $7.6 million more in taxes than anticipated in July during its first month under an income tax increase approved by legislators.
Democrats: Colyer’s political plans could cause ‘bloody primary’ inside Kansas GOP
As Lt. Governor Jeff Colyer plans to take over for Governor Sam Brownback, who is looking to take a position in the Trump Administration, a major shake up could ensue in as the race for Kansas Governor nears in 2018.
Anthony Scaramucci out as White House communications director
White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has offered his resignation.
James Comey has called Donald Trump a liar 5 times today. The White House says he isn't.
In the first hour of former FBI Director James Comey's testimony on Capitol Hill about the nature and details of his relationship with President Donald Trump, he called the president a liar twice.
Spicer raises eyebrows suggesting Hitler didn't 'sink to using chemical weapons'
White House press secretary Sean Spicer made some eyebrow raising remarks Tuesday as he tried condemning Russia's alliance with Syrian leader Bassar al-Assad in the wake of the horrific chemical weapons attack last week.
Official: President Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
A government official says the Trump administration will revoke guidelines that say transgender students should be allowed to use bathrooms and locker rooms matching their chosen gender identity.
Trump asks black reporter to schedule meeting with Congressional Black Caucus
President Donald Trump raised eyebrows Thursday afternoon when he asked a black reporter at a free-wheeling press conference to arrange a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus.
Secret Service director retiring, lead agency amid turmoil
Director Joseph Clancy took over on an interim basis in late 2014 and was appointed director by President Barack Obama in early 2015.
Canadian prime minister makes first visit to Trump's White House
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visits the White House Monday, becoming the third world leader to meet with President Donald Trump face to face.
Will President Trump give Conway leniency he won't give media?
On Thursday night Kellyanne Conway cited a nonexistent "massacre" in Bowling Green, Kentucky to justify the administration's temporary travel ban.
Senate confirms Rex Tillerson as secretary of state
The Republican-led Senate has confirmed Rex Tillerson as President Donald Trump's secretary of state.
President Trump pledges to work with Big Pharma to lower drug prices
President Donald Trump issued a message Tuesday to pharmaceutical company executives akin to one he delivered to auto executives last week: bring your production back to the United States and the Trump administration will lower regulations for you.
ANALYSIS: President's order heightens risk of extremist attacks in the US, counterterror expert says
The order suspends immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries in the Middle East and Africa for 90 days. It ends for 120 days the entry of any refugees into the U.S. and indefinitely suspends the entry of Syrian refugees.
- Republicans across the country are expressing deep doubts about President Donald Trump's competency and temperament.Republicans across the country are expressing deep doubts about President Donald Trump's competency and temperament.
- The White House has announced that President Donald Trump and the first lady have decided not to participate in events honoring recipients of this year's Kennedy Center arts awards.The White House has announced that President Donald Trump and the first lady have decided not to participate in events honoring recipients of this year's Kennedy Center arts awards.
- South African Airways says it will resume flights between South Africa and Zimbabwe after they were blocked by Zimbabwe, which imposed restrictions amid a scandal over an assault claim against the wife of President...South African Airways says it will resume flights between South Africa and Zimbabwe after they were blocked by Zimbabwe, which imposed restrictions amid a scandal over an assault claim against the wife of President Robert Mugabe.
- Demonstrators are arriving at a counterprotest ahead of a conservative rally that's getting underway on Boston Common.Demonstrators are arriving at a counterprotest ahead of a conservative rally that's getting underway on Boston Common.
- The White House says President Donald Trump is scheduled to visit a Marine Corps base in Arizona along the U.S.-Mexico border.The White House says President Donald Trump is scheduled to visit a Marine Corps base in Arizona along the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Conservative activists and leftist counter-protesters are preparing for a rally on Boston Common that could draw thousands a week after a demonstration in Virginia turned deadly.Conservative activists and leftist counter-protesters are preparing for a rally on Boston Common that could draw thousands a week after a demonstration in Virginia turned deadly.
- Responding to Trump's remarks about white supremacist violence could sidetrack Democrats from issues important to a wider range of voters in 2018 midterm elections.Responding to Trump's remarks about white supremacist violence could sidetrack Democrats from issues important to a wider range of voters in 2018 midterm elections.
- Trump pushes out strategist Steve Bannon, who returns to Breitbart News with goal of 'going to war' with Trump opponents.Trump pushes out strategist Steve Bannon, who returns to Breitbart News with goal of 'going to war' with Trump opponents.
- The Kennedy Center arts awards program will go on after Trump's decision to cancel traditional White House reception.The Kennedy Center arts awards program will go on after Trump's decision to cancel traditional White House reception.
- Dick Gregory, who broke racial barriers in the 1960s and used his humor to spread messages of social justice and nutritional health has died.Dick Gregory, who broke racial barriers in the 1960s and used his humor to spread messages of social justice and nutritional health has died.
Most Popular Stories
Free pet adoptions at Humane Society successfully 'clear the shelter'
An event at the Kansas Humane Society to ‘clear the shelter’ was a hit with those who came to the shelter soon enough. The event was designed to help the humane society get as many pets adopted as possible, in essence, clearing the shelter of all the pets. “It’s the first time we have offered every animal available for no charge,” said Mark Eby, president and CEO of the Kansas Humane Society. “To offer something like this to Wichita, and get a nu...
One person seriously hurt in north Wichita shooting
Dispatchers say one person is seriously hurt after a shooting in north Wichita.
Vandals destroy thousands of dollars of student’s artwork
A Wichita State art student is left picking up the pieces. Her private art studio was vandalized. Thousands of dollars of supplies were either stolen or destroyed. Melinda Sudbrink discovered the studio trashed on Thursday, she's still heartbroken over the mess and the thousands of dollars it will take to replace all she had. Sudbrink showed us the locked painting studio for higher level art majors. She's been working in this room for three years, you have to know a password to be ab...
Police looking for convenience store robbery suspect
Wichita police are looking for a suspect after an armed robbery in south Wichita.
Man killed in roof collapse in north Wichita
The incident happened at around 1:40 p.m. Friday at 29th Street North and Mead.
Haysville residents warned about water
Dozens of Haysville families have learned the water they drink isn't safe. The state says four dangerous chemicals have been found in the groundwater that a lot Haysville families use.
Wichita man gets probation in hit-and-run that killed Marine
Dreu Wikle was sentenced Friday to two years probation with an underlying sentence of 36 months in prison if he violates said probation.
Police: Salina woman used Facebook for sex with 12-year-old
Salina Police Capt. Paul Forrester said the suspect, identified as Lenora Dyke, sent photos on Facebook to entice the boy.
Here are all the active hate groups, including 7 in Kansas
Nine hundred and seventeen. That's the number of hate groups operating in the US, according to data from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Goddard man sentenced for crash that killed 2
A Goddard man has been sentenced to prison for a crash that killed two elderly men in his hometown.