Beaty stops by Wichita for KU Kickoff event
Kansas head coach David Beaty took time to stop by the Kansas Alumni Association's KU Kick-off event in Wichita on Thursday night. This was after his Jayhawks wrapped up their 18th day at fall camp. Beaty gave KAKE Sports an update as his team is just a couple weeks from kicking off their regular season.
Vote for Tulsa/Wichita State rivalry series name
Wichita State and Tulsa will start a new rivalry series competition that will span across 13 varsity sports next year, their athletic departments announced. They are counting on fans to vote on the name. The three to choose from will be, "Battle for the Plains," "Tornado Alley Tussle," and "Havoc in the Heartland."
Kansas to honor former coach Mangino during season opener
Kansas plans to honor former coach Mark Mangino, who was forced out amid allegations that he abused his players, and the rest of the 2007 team that won the Orange Bowl, during its season opener.
Shocker volleyball picked first in preseason AAC poll
The Shocker volleyball team is picked to finish first in their first year in the American Athletic Conference. Today the AAC released their preseason coaches poll and WSU is on top with seven first place votes. Chris Lamb's squad returns eight letterwinners and four starters from last year's MVC tournament champions and NCAA Tournament participants. Senior middle blocker Abbie Lehman and senior setter Emily Hiebert were named to the preseason all-conference team. Their first game i...
Butler football looks for success in new season
The Butler Grizzlies finished the 2016 football season ranked 17th nationally. A great finish for any program, but for Butler it wasn't the season they've become accustomed to.
Shockers get highest attendance ranking in more than 30 years
Wichita State men's basketball attendance topped the 10,000-mark for a 14th consecutive year and ranked 34th nationally, according to the NCAA's final 2016-17 report.
Newman’s 32 leads KU in Italy Tour finale, 118-74
From kuathletics.com Kansas sophomore Malik Newman scored 32 points as the Jayhawks routed the Italian All-Stars A2, 118-74, to close out their four game Italy tour Sunday evening.
Jayhawks move to 3-0 on Italy Tour with 99-71 win
From kuathletics.com Kansas men's basketball flexed its muscle in another sweltering venue in defeating the Players Group 99-71 at Palasport Enrico Somaschini just north of Milan Saturday evening.
Wildcats offense going full throttle
K-State football held their annual media day at Bill Snyder Family Stadium on Thursday. One of the big topics of discussion was the number of returning starters on offense.
Jayhawks cruise again on Italy Tour with 92-61 rout
From kuathletics.com It was déjà vu for Kansas men's basketball as the Jayhawks cruised to a 92-61 win against the Players Group Thursday evening at Honey Sport City.
Weber agrees to two-year contract extension with K-State
Kansas State and head men's basketball coach Bruce Weber have agreed to a two-year contract extension through the 2020-21 season, director of athletics Gene Taylor announced today. The sixth year head coach will be paid $2.15 million for this upcoming season, $2.25 million the following, $2.35 million in 2019-20 and $2.45 million in 2020-21. "I have had the opportunity to observe our men’s basketball program and visit with Bruce on multiple occasions since I became athlet...
KU wide receiver dismissed
The University of Kansas announced Sunday that they have dismissed wide receiver LaQuvionte Gonzalez for a violation of team rules.
KU basketball heads to Italy
The Kansas Jayhawks will leave for Italy Monday morning, July 31st. The hoops team is set for four exhibition games - two in Rome and two in Milan between August 2nd and August 6th.
K-State football takes turn at Big XII media days
The Kansas State Wildcats took their turn on the podium Tuesday in Frisco, Texas at Big XII media days.
Wins for Kansas: Laurie Bell Memorial Golf Tournament
Bell came up with an idea to raise money for Newman University athletics.
College Sports NewsMore>>
- Frank Broyles was remembered as a championship coach, father, mentor, athletic director and guide for caregivers of those suffering from Alzheimer's disease during a memorial celebration at Arkansas' Bud Walton Arena.Frank Broyles was remembered as a championship coach, father, mentor, athletic director and guide for caregivers of those suffering from Alzheimer's disease during a memorial celebration at Arkansas' Bud Walton Arena.
- Penn State coach James Franklin has signed a contract extension that runs through 2022 and guarantees him $34.7 million.Penn State coach James Franklin has signed a contract extension that runs through 2022 and guarantees him $34.7 million.
- A gun charge against a former NFL linebacker has been dropped after his lawyer says the man who said he gave him a weapon admitted he lied.A gun charge against a former NFL linebacker has been dropped after his lawyer says the man who said he gave him a weapon admitted he lied.
- Georgia Tech star running back Dedrick Mills has been kicked off the team for a violation of athletic department rules.Georgia Tech star running back Dedrick Mills has been kicked off the team for a violation of athletic department rules.
- A former Vanderbilt University football player has been sentenced to 15 years in prison in the 2013 rape of an unconscious female student.A former Vanderbilt University football player has been sentenced to 15 years in prison in the 2013 rape of an unconscious female student.
- The overarching question at Ohio State's training camp is whether quarterback J.T. Barrett has the ability to become a better passer.The overarching question at Ohio State's training camp is whether quarterback J.T. Barrett has the ability to become a better passer.
- Yul Moldauer raced out to an early lead at the 2017 U.S. Gymnastics championships, putting together six steady routines to open up a sizable gap over reigning NCAA champion Akash Modi.Yul Moldauer raced out to an early lead at the 2017 U.S. Gymnastics championships, putting together six steady routines to open up a sizable gap over reigning NCAA champion Akash Modi.
- Oregon State and Clemson men's basketball teams were at a hotel in Barcelona near where a van drove into pedestrians.Oregon State and Clemson men's basketball teams were at a hotel in Barcelona near where a van drove into pedestrians.
- ESPN has announced a yearlong project to tell the history of college football, starting in January 2019, as part of the 150th anniversary of the sport.ESPN has announced a yearlong project to tell the history of college football, starting in January 2019, as part of the 150th anniversary of the sport.
- Kansas State looks to improved secondary for success in pass-happy Big 12.Kansas State looks to improved secondary for success in pass-happy Big 12.
Most Popular Stories
Free pet adoptions at Humane Society successfully 'clear the shelter'
An event at the Kansas Humane Society to ‘clear the shelter’ was a hit with those who came to the shelter soon enough. The event was designed to help the humane society get as many pets adopted as possible, in essence, clearing the shelter of all the pets. “It’s the first time we have offered every animal available for no charge,” said Mark Eby, president and CEO of the Kansas Humane Society. “To offer something like this to Wichita, and get a nu...
One person seriously hurt in north Wichita shooting
Dispatchers say one person is seriously hurt after a shooting in north Wichita.
Vandals destroy thousands of dollars of student’s artwork
A Wichita State art student is left picking up the pieces. Her private art studio was vandalized. Thousands of dollars of supplies were either stolen or destroyed. Melinda Sudbrink discovered the studio trashed on Thursday, she's still heartbroken over the mess and the thousands of dollars it will take to replace all she had. Sudbrink showed us the locked painting studio for higher level art majors. She's been working in this room for three years, you have to know a password to be ab...
Police looking for convenience store robbery suspect
Wichita police are looking for a suspect after an armed robbery in south Wichita.
Man killed in roof collapse in north Wichita
The incident happened at around 1:40 p.m. Friday at 29th Street North and Mead.
Haysville residents warned about water
Dozens of Haysville families have learned the water they drink isn't safe. The state says four dangerous chemicals have been found in the groundwater that a lot Haysville families use.
Wichita man gets probation in hit-and-run that killed Marine
Dreu Wikle was sentenced Friday to two years probation with an underlying sentence of 36 months in prison if he violates said probation.
Police: Salina woman used Facebook for sex with 12-year-old
Salina Police Capt. Paul Forrester said the suspect, identified as Lenora Dyke, sent photos on Facebook to entice the boy.
Here are all the active hate groups, including 7 in Kansas
Nine hundred and seventeen. That's the number of hate groups operating in the US, according to data from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Goddard man sentenced for crash that killed 2
A Goddard man has been sentenced to prison for a crash that killed two elderly men in his hometown.