Fire Weather WARNING in effect for:
Fire Weather WATCH in effect for:
Young's 28 help Oklahoma top Kansas State, end 6-game skid
Trae Young's entertaining act wasn't translating into wins for Oklahoma, and desperation had set in. Finally, a more collective effort helped the Sooners snap their six-game losing skid.
Kansas tops Texas Tech for record 14th straight league title
Devonte Graham scored 26 points and No. 8 Kansas set an NCAA record with its 14th straight regular-season conference championship, clinching at least a tie for the Big 12 title with a 74-72 victory against sixth-ranked Texas Tech on Saturday.
McDuffie leads No. 13 Wichita State past SMU 84-78
Markis McDuffie scored a season-high 26 points off the bench, including nine during the first four minutes of the second half, to lead No. 13 Wichita State to an 84-78 win over SMU on Saturday.
Former KU, WSU players implicated in potential NCAA violations
The report includes former Shocker Fred VanVleet and former Jayhawk Elijah Johnson.
Morris helps No. 13 Wichita State hold off Tulane, 93-86
Shaquille Morris had 25 points and nine rebounds to help No. 13 Wichita State outlast Tulane 93-86 on Wednesday night. Conner Frankamp scored six of his 18 points in the final four minutes,
Brown's 14 second-half points pushes Kansas State past Texas
Barry Brown scored 14 of his 16 points in the second half and Kansas State pulled away late to beat Texas 58-48 on Wednesday night.
Shockers named NABC Team of the Week
The Wichita State Shockers are the National Association of Basketball Coaches National Team of the Week.
Louisville must vacate 2013 basketball title
Louisville beat WSU in the Final Four
Graham leads No. 8 Kansas to 104-74 rout of Oklahoma
Devonte Graham had 23 points and seven assists, Malik Newman added 20 and No. 8 Kansas beat Oklahoma 104-74 on Monday night.
Former K-State football coach Jim Dickey dies at 83
The Manhattan Mercury reports that former Kansas State University football coach Jim Dickey has died at 83.
No. 19 Wichita State upends No. 5 Cincinnati 76-72
Landry Shamet scored 19 points, and No. 19 Wichita State ended the nation's longest home-court winning streak, beating No. 5 Cincinnati 76-72 on Sunday to leave the American Athletic Conference race wide-open.
Wichita State baseball off to hot start
Wichita State baseball got off to a big start in the season opener Friday night at McNeese State. Greyson Jenista scored the first run of the season with a solo home run to right center, fellow pre-season All-American Alec Bohm tacked on a grand slam in the outing. The game was postponed with one out in the ninth inning due to heavy fog, but was resumed Saturday morning as WSU went on to a 10-7 win. In game two the bats remained hot. Gunner Troutwine posted a two-run home run ...
Azubuike leads No. 13 Kansas past No. 20 West Virginia 77-69
Udoka Azubuike scored 21 points and Devonte' Graham added 15 to help No. 13 Kansas beat No. 20 West Virginia 77-69 on Saturday night.
Wade leads Kansas State to 78-66 win over Iowa State
Dean Wade nearly grabbed a triple-double in Kansas State's 78-66 victory over Iowa State on Saturday. Wade shot 9 of 13 for 22 points while also grabbing eight rebounds and collecting nine assists.
Morris leads No. 19 Wichita State past Temple 93-86
Shaquille Morris had 23 points and 13 rebounds, including a tie-breaking putback in the final two minutes, to help No. 19 Wichita State defeat Temple 93-86 on Thursday night. Darral Willis had 24 points for the Shockers (20-5, 10-3 American Athletic Conference), who trailed by 14 at halftime.
Bessard has career high 38, Shockers take down Temple
Wichita State was able to snap a four game losing streak as they took down Temple 88-81 at Koch Arena on Wednesday night. Senior Rangie Bessard had a career high 38 points and set the school record for field goal percentage in a single game with a scorching 70 percent from the field.
Brown with 25, Kansas State overwhelms Oklahoma State 82-72
Barry Brown scored 25 points and Xavier Sneed added 13 points and six rebounds to help lead Kansas State to a convincing 82-72 victory over Oklahoma State Wednesday night.
Azubuike, No. 13 Jayhawks bounce back at Iowa State
Udoka Azubuike scored 19 points, Malik Newman had 17 and 13th-ranked Kansas bounced back from a brutal loss at Baylor by beating Iowa State 83-77 on Tuesday.
Heath, Warmack to transfer from K-State
Kansas State football lost two players on offense Sunday afternoon. Junior wide receiver Dominique Heath announced via his Twitter that he will be graduating in May and transferring to a new school for his final year of eligibility.
Shocker women's tennis off to hot start
Wichita State women's tennis improved to 7-2 on the season Sunday with wins this weekend over Old Dominion and Saturday knocked off Arkansas who is receiving votes in latest ITA Rankings.
No. 7 Texas Tech beats Kansas State to take sole Big 12 lead
Keenan Evans scored 19 points and No. 7 Texas Tech beat Kansas State 6-47 on Saturday night to take sole possession of the Big 12 lead.
WSU women's basketball team in wreck
The Wichita State University women's basketball team bus was involved in an accident on their way home from Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport Saturday evening.
No. 22 Wichita State routs UConn 95-74
Landry Shamet scored 16 points in just 23 minutes as No. 22 Wichita State cruised to a 95-74 win over UConn on Saturday night. The Shockers (19-5, 9-3 American Athletic Conference) had 17 assists and just two turnovers while building a 55-33 halftime lead and were never threatened after that.
Baylor pulls off 80-64 upset over No. 10 Kansas
Manu Lecomte scored eight straight points for Baylor after No. 10 and Big 12 co-leader Kansas had pulled within a basket, and the senior guard finished with 18 overall in the Bears' 80-64 upset victory Saturday.
Northwest's Marcus Hicks is enjoying the ride of big time college recruiting
To say that Northwest junior Marcus Hicks is a hot recruit is an understatement. The Class of 2019 defensive end has nearly 20 offers already from schools like Oklahoma, Texas, Notre Dame, Michigan and K-State.
Newman Jets accept offer to join MIAA
The Newman University Jets have accepted an offer to join the Mid-American Intercollegiate Athletics Association as an associate member starting in 2019-20, the school announced today.
Wichita State to honor Gene Stephenson
Former Wichita State Baseball head coach Gene Stephenson has earned a permanent and illuminated spot in all of college baseball history.
Wade and K-State beat Texas 67-64 for key Big 12 road win
Dean Wade scored 16 points and Kansas State rallied late in the second half to beat Texas 67-64 and earn a tough road win the in the Big 12 on Wednesday night.
National Signing Day 2018
Several Kansas athletes signed their National Letters of Intent on Wednesday.
Reaves, Shamet lead No. 22 Wichita State past Memphis 85-65
Austin Reaves scored 22 points, Landry Shamet added 20 points and five assists and No. 22 Wichita State overcame early shooting struggles to beat Memphis 85-65 on Tuesday night.
Graham leads No. 10 Kansas to close home win over TCU
Devonte' Graham scored 24 points, Udoka Azubuike added 16 and No. 10 Kansas beat TCU 71-64 on Tuesday night. ...
Friends guard Jordan Murdock named NAIA Player of the Week
Friends guard Jordan Murdock was named the NAIA Player of the Week after averaging 40 points, 13 rebound and 3.5 assists in their two games last week.
Sunrise Christian rises to No. 5 in Super 25 rankings
The Sunrise Christian Buffaloes have moved up to No. 5 in the USA Today Sports Super 25 rankings after winning the St. James Invitational in Hagerstown, Md. over the weekend.
Shockers fall to No. 22 in AP hoops poll
The Wichita State Shockers fall to No. 22. Kansas dropped to No. 10.
K-State football takes turn at Big XII media days
The Kansas State Wildcats took their turn on the podium Tuesday in Frisco, Texas at Big XII media days.
Wins for Kansas: Laurie Bell Memorial Golf Tournament
Bell came up with an idea to raise money for Newman University athletics.
College Sports NewsMore>>
- Cassius Winston scored 20 points and went 6 for 6 from the 3-point line, and No. 2 Michigan State held off Wisconsin 68-63 to earn the outright regular-season Big Ten title.Cassius Winston scored 20 points and went 6 for 6 from the 3-point line, and No. 2 Michigan State held off Wisconsin 68-63 to earn the outright regular-season Big Ten title.
- Kansas moves into the record books with 14th straight Big 12 record, breaking UCLA's run of 13 straight conference titles.Kansas moves into the record books with 14th straight Big 12 record, breaking UCLA's run of 13 straight conference titles.
- With hoops under federal probe, fans say business as usual.With hoops under federal probe, fans say business as usual.
- Arizona's Sean Miller will not coach against Oregon, a day after ESPN reported through anonymous sources that he was heard on an FBI wiretap discussing a $100,000 payment to current Wildcats freshman Deandre Ayton.Arizona's Sean Miller will not coach against Oregon, a day after ESPN reported through anonymous sources that he was heard on an FBI wiretap discussing a $100,000 payment to current Wildcats freshman Deandre Ayton.
- Devonte Graham scores 26 points as No. 8 Kansas beats No. 6 Texas Tech 74-72 to clinch share of Big 12 title.Devonte Graham scores 26 points as No. 8 Kansas beats No. 6 Texas Tech 74-72 to clinch share of Big 12 title.
- Marcus Foster, Davion Mintz lead Creighton to upset of third-ranked Villanova, 89-83 in overtime.Marcus Foster, Davion Mintz lead Creighton to upset of third-ranked Villanova, 89-83 in overtime.
- A new round of allegations has given college basketball a black eye less than a month before the NCAA Tournament.A new round of allegations has given college basketball a black eye less than a month before the NCAA Tournament.
- Miles Bridges cleared to play for No. 2 Michigan State following report alleging improper benefits.Miles Bridges cleared to play for No. 2 Michigan State following report alleging improper benefits.
- Tennessee seniors Jaime Nared, Mercedes Russell lead Lady Vols on scoreboard and in locker room.Tennessee seniors Jaime Nared, Mercedes Russell lead Lady Vols on scoreboard and in locker room.
- North Carolina State athletic director Debbie Yow says the school in 2012 disassociated itself from a former NBA agent at the center of a federal probe into college basketball corruption.North Carolina State athletic director Debbie Yow says the school in 2012 disassociated itself from a former NBA agent at the center of a federal probe into college basketball corruption.
- Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman scored 22 of his career-high 28 points in the decisive first half, and No. 17 Michigan easily defeated Maryland 85-61 for its fifth straight victory.Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman scored 22 of his career-high 28 points in the decisive first half, and No. 17 Michigan easily defeated Maryland 85-61 for its fifth straight victory.
Most Popular Stories
Police search for two suspects in connection to downtown shooting
One person is critically hurt in a shooting early Sunday morning in downtown Wichita.
Authorities continue to search for missing Wichita boy
Police blocked the entrances to Chisholm Creek Park near K-96 and Oliver on Friday and the nearby Great Plains Nature Center was also closed as they continue to search for Lucas Hernandez.
Man killed in southeast Wichita shooting
Police have arrested a suspect after a man was shot and killed in southeast Wichita early Saturday morning.
Search continues for missing Wichita boy; stepmother arrested
The stepmother of a missing 5-year-old Wichita boy has been booked into the Sedgwick County Jail.
Kansas chase reaches 120 mph before driver crashes on I-70
Authorities say a 32-year-old man crashed during a chase on Interstate 70 that reached speeds of 120 mph.
Man shot at Wichita Auto Auction on South Broadway
Police say a man suffered serious injuries in a shooting Friday evening outside the Wichita Auto Auction in south Wichita.
Missing Wichita boy's father believes son is still alive
Wichita Police have arrested 26-year-old Emily Glass. Glass is the last person to see her five-year-old stepson, Lucas Hernandez, before he went missing.
Salina Police search for shooting suspect
Salina Police are searching a suspect in connection to a shooting. Officers responded to a report of a gunshot victim in the 100 block of N. Front Street in Salina.
Net neutrality rules will officially end in April
The end of net neutrality is officially set to come this spring. The Federal Communications Commission's repeal of net neutrality is scheduled to take effect on April 23, according to a copy of the order was published with the Federal Register on Thursday.
Closings & Delays
The latest list of school and weather-related closings and delays.