Shockers dominate Jayhawks 11-0
Wichita State dominated in-state rival Kansas 11-0 in front of more than three thousand fans on Wednesday night. The No. 24 Shockers were able to get ahead early while starting pitcher Tyler Davis threw five shutout innings only allowing two hits, one walk, while striking out a career high eight batters.
WSU softball pulls off regular season sweep of Oklahoma State
The Wichita State softball team was able to belt four home runs and strike out eight to pull off a regular season sweep of No. 19/24 Oklahoma State 9-6 on Wednesday.
Shockers rout Central Arkansas 8-2
The Shockers wrapped up a home-and-home series with Central Arkansas with an 8-2 win Tuesday night. Wichita State pitcher Preston Snavely worked his way out of a bases loaded situation without allowing a run in the top of the first inning.
Torgerson wins American Golf Championship
In Wichita State's first American Athletic Conference Women's Golf Championship, Taryn Torgerson took medalist honors behind a career-low and championship-low single round score of an 8-under 64, with a birdie on a playoff hole confirming the win.
Competition abounds as K-State readies for spring game
Kansas State returns 14 starters from a team that won eight games and beat UCLA in the Cactus Bowl, including its top quarterback and the entire offensive line, so it stands to reason that few jobs would be available in spring camp.
Shockers salvage series with win over UConn
Wichita State baseball picked up its first ever win over UConn in game three of the weekend series. The 15-7 victory came after dropping both games of a double-header on Friday.
Salina Liberty honors Greg Gibson
Salina Central linebacker Greg Gibson is ready for his senior season. One year after being diagnosed with a form of bone cancer, he has finished treatments reaching a goal he set for himself.
Shockers sign prep standout Dexter Dennis
Believe Sports Academy head coach Tyson Waterman knew Dexter Dennis would be a perfect fit at Wichita State. "This could be a match made in heaven for this kid," he said.
Huskies take two from Shockers in Friday doubleheader
UConn won both games of their doubleheader against No. 20 Wichita State on Friday night winning Game 1, 7-4, and Game 2, 9-4.
Shocker bowling in search of 21st national title
Wichita State bowling is in search of its 21st national title at Nationals next week in Lincoln, Nebraska. This will be the ladies 37th consecutive trip to nationals, a 36th consecutive for the men's squad.
Troutwine's new look helping Shockers stay hot
Wichita State senior Gunnar Troutwine has gone through a lot of changes over his four seasons with the Shockers. Once a baby faced catcher, this past July, Troutwine decided to grow a beard.
Shockers rally to beat Oklahoma State 10-7
Wichita State trailed five runs into the eight inning but were able to come from behind and beat Oklahoma State 10-7 in Stillwater on Tuesday. Gunnar Troutwine smacked a game winning three-run home run in the ninth finishing 2-for-4 with three RBI, a home run and a double. Trailing 7-2 in the eighth, Greyson Jenista had an RBI double to score Jordan Boyer than on a Cowboy error Luke Ritter and Jenista were able to score and make it 7-5. Then with two outs, still trailing two runs, ...
Wichita State's Bohm named to Golden Spikes Award midseason watch list
Wichita State's Alec Bohm has been named to the USA Baseball Golden Spikes Award midseason watch list. This award goes to the top amateur baseball player in the country. The midseason list features 40 of the nation's top players at the college ranks.
Shocker men even series with Tulane
Wichita State baseball evened their American Athletic Conference home opening series with Tulane on Saturday with a 9-3 victory.
Shocker softball falls in Havoc in the Heartland opener
Tulsa took round one of the softball Havoc in the Heartland series on Saturday by a final score of 9-3.
Shockers take down Oklahoma State 7-5 in midweek tilt
Wichita State picked up a midweek win over Oklahoma State 7-5 on Wednesday. Dayton Dugas smack a two-run home run in the bottom of the seventh to break the tie and give the Shockers the lead once and for all.
KU's Newman declares for NBA Draft
Kansas sophomore guard Malik Newman will enter the NBA Draft and will leave the Jayhawk program, he announced today.
K-State's Amaad Wainright charged, suspended from team
Kansas State junior guard Amaad Wainright is suspended from the Wildcats basketball team after being charged when someone allegedly fired shots from his car in January.
Wichita State vs. Oklahoma State postponed until Wednesday
The Wichita State-Oklahoma State baseball game scheduled for Tue., April 3 has been moved to Wed., April 4 due to expected cold temperatures and wind on Tuesday evening. The game between the Shockers and Cowboys will start at 6 p.m. on Wednesday at Eck Stadium.
Kansas-Nova a head-to-head of All-Americans
When Villanova and Kansas meet Saturday, it will offer a potential matchup between two Associated Press All-American point guards.
K-State football takes turn at Big XII media days
The Kansas State Wildcats took their turn on the podium Tuesday in Frisco, Texas at Big XII media days.
Wins for Kansas: Laurie Bell Memorial Golf Tournament
Bell came up with an idea to raise money for Newman University athletics.
College Sports NewsMore>>
- Browns general manager Dorsey keeping his draft plans private.Browns general manager Dorsey keeping his draft plans private.
- Tennessee athletic director Phillip Fulmer signs contract running through 2021 that increases his annual pay to at least $900,000.Tennessee athletic director Phillip Fulmer signs contract running through 2021 that increases his annual pay to at least $900,000.
- Jurors could soon hear Bill Cosby's explosive testimony about giving quaaludes to women before sex.Jurors could soon hear Bill Cosby's explosive testimony about giving quaaludes to women before sex.
- South Carolina's Bruce Bowen entering NBA draft after transferring from Louisville amid federal investigation, won't hiring an agent.South Carolina's Bruce Bowen entering NBA draft after transferring from Louisville amid federal investigation, won't hiring an agent.
- Bill Cosby has arrived at a suburban Philadelphia courthouse for the eighth day of his sexual assault retrial.Bill Cosby has arrived at a suburban Philadelphia courthouse for the eighth day of his sexual assault retrial.
- Prosecutors are building to the conclusion of their case against comedian Bill Cosby in his sexual assault retrial.Prosecutors are building to the conclusion of their case against comedian Bill Cosby in his sexual assault retrial.
- Atlantic Coast Conference Commissioner John Swofford says he expects "substantive" recommendations from the committee seeking ways to reform college basketball amid a federal investigation of corruption in the sport.Atlantic Coast Conference Commissioner John Swofford says he expects "substantive" recommendations from the committee seeking ways to reform college basketball amid a federal investigation of corruption in the sport.
- NC State outlines timeline of steps taken in federal hoops investigation.NC State outlines timeline of steps taken in federal hoops investigation.
- Bill Cosby's chief accuser is back on the witness stand as the comedian's lawyers look to raise doubts about her allegations that he drugged and molested her in 2004.Bill Cosby's chief accuser is back on the witness stand as the comedian's lawyers look to raise doubts about her allegations that he drugged and molested her in 2004.
- Bill Cosby's lawyers have changed the way they talk about his chief accuser and her relationship with him.Bill Cosby's lawyers have changed the way they talk about his chief accuser and her relationship with him.
- Keith Jackson, the folksy voice of college football for decades on ABC, was remembered as "the Walter Cronkite of sports broadcasting" in a memorial service at the Rose Bowl.Keith Jackson, the folksy voice of college football for decades on ABC, was remembered as "the Walter Cronkite of sports broadcasting" in a memorial service at the Rose Bowl.
Most Popular Stories
NE Kansas teacher moves after receiving threats for being gay
A Kansas teacher says he abandoned his job and home state following months of harassment for being gay.
WSU's Austin Reaves granted release
. Rivals.com basketball analyst Corey Evans tweeted that WSU guard Austin Reaves has asked for and received his release from the school.
Wichita Police search for suspects in deadly shooting
A man was found shot to death in a South Wichita home Tuesday, now police want to speak with the man's roommates.
New brewery set to open in downtown Wichita
After years of dreaming about it, Dan Norton and his wife are opening their own brewery. "There's nothing better than good beer and good music to bring people together.
Parents of 2 kids killed by nanny seek new law
A man whose two small children were stabbed to death by their nanny at their New York home says he'd like to thank the judge and jurors at her murder trial, where she was found guilty.
Football player accused of rape arrested in Garden City
A former Michigan State football player facing a May trial for an alleged sexual assault has been arrested in Kansas.
Police: Suspect led search party to teen's body
Los Angeles authorities say a 16-year-old fatally stabbed his teenage friend, then joined a search party and ultimately led them to the victim's body.
Shooter fires through restaurant window, kills 2 deputies in Florida
Authorities say someone fired through the window of a restaurant and fatally shot two Florida deputies.
Palace West demolition begins
A crushing end came to Wichita’s Palace West Theater Thursday morning, as demolition crews began tearing the building down. Fans of the theater say it’s sad to see the once-bright colored building become nothing but a dark pile of rubble.
One person dead after shooting in south Wichita
Dispatcher's confirm one person is dead after a shooting in south Wichita.