Foresters beat NJCAA National Team for NBC Championship
The Santa Barbara Foresters had a walkoff walk to beat the NJCAA National Team 6-5 on Saturday, winning their 7th NBC World Series Championship.
K-State's Snyder agrees to five-year contract extension
Kansas State's Bill Snyder has agreed to a new five-year contract extension as the head coach of the Wildcats, director of athletics Gene Taylor announced today.
Jayhawks freshman football player hospitalized after injury
University of Kansas officials say freshman offensive lineman Jacobi Lott is in stable condition after suffering an injury during football practice.
Shocker volleyball starts practice
The Wichita State Shockers volleyball team held their first day of official practice on Wednesday.
K-State talks running back depth at Media Day
When K-State kicks off its 2018 season next month they will have a lot of experience on the offensive side of the ball.
WATCH: Foresters and A's set NBC record for runs
The Santa Barbara Foresters and Dodge City A's set a NBC record for combined runs and hits in a game on Sunday. The Foresters beat the A's 20-12 in seven innings.
Garden City Community College football player dies on first day of practice
Authorities are investigating the death of an incoming Kansas community college football player on the team's first day of practice. The Garden City Telegram reports 19-year-old Braeden Bradforth died at a local hospital at around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Shockers release non-conference schedule
Wichita State unveiled its 2018-19 non-conference schedule on Thursday morning. The 12-game pre-conference slate includes six home games, four neutral site contests and two road dates. Tip times and television details will be announced at a later date after the American Athletic Conference schedule release (traditionally in early September). WSU hosts Catawba College, a Division II program from Salisbury, N.C., in an exhibition contest on Tuesday, Oct. 30 and opens the regular seaso...
Shockers schedule home and home with VCU
Wichita State will play a home-and-home men’s basketball series with VCU beginning this December in Richmond, Va. The teams square off Saturday, Dec. 22, 2018 at VCU’s Siegel Center.
Sedgwick grad Brylie Ware back in Wichita for the NBC World Series
Brylie Ware, a senior infielder for the Oklahoma Sooners, has traded in his crimson and cream this summer to play third base for the Kansas Cannons in the NBC World Series.
Former Shocker Shaq Morris signs with Bnei Herzliya
Former Wichita State Shocker center Shaquille Morris signed with Bnei Herzliya on Sunday, a professional basketball team in Israel.
Last Chance U reaction with the Kansas Jayhawk Conference
"If I have to take the heat for being rough around the edges and getting it done then so be it but as long as the kids understand that and move on and do well and represent their families and themselves well, I'm fine with taking heat. I'm about as JUCO as JUCO can get," said Independence football coach Jason Brown.
Derby starts off NBC World Series with a win
The 84th NBC World Series started on Friday at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium, which could be the last time we see it at the place it has called home since 1935.
Frank Mason hosts youth basketball camps in Wichita area
There's been a lot of star power in town this summer, camps with Buddy Hield, Fred VanVleet and Perry Ellis so far... just to name a few. Friday was Frank Mason's day at Wichita Hoops.
Chalmers book signing in Wichita
Mario Chalmers was in Wichita on Thursday night signing copies of his children's book, "The ABCs of Basketball."
Frankamp holds basketball camp
Wichita's own Conner Frankamp hosted his first basketball camp on Thursday afternoon.
K-State football takes turn at Big XII media days
The Kansas State Wildcats took their turn on the podium Tuesday in Frisco, Texas at Big XII media days.
Wins for Kansas: Laurie Bell Memorial Golf Tournament
Bell came up with an idea to raise money for Newman University athletics.
College Sports NewsMore>>
- Placing a priority on player safety after the death of offensive lineman Jordan McNair, Maryland interim coach Matt Canada has taken significant steps to ensure that the Terrapins are poised to deal with the heat...Placing a priority on player safety after the death of offensive lineman Jordan McNair, Maryland interim coach Matt Canada has taken significant steps to ensure that the Terrapins are poised to deal with the heat of summer.
- West Virginia will have some significant firsts if quarterback Will Grier can mimic Baker Mayfield.West Virginia will have some significant firsts if quarterback Will Grier can mimic Baker Mayfield.
- The Pac-12 is banking on a strong Washington team, some new coaches and a couple of Heisman Trophy contenders to provide the conference a bounce back from a lackluster 2017.The Pac-12 is banking on a strong Washington team, some new coaches and a couple of Heisman Trophy contenders to provide the conference a bounce back from a lackluster 2017.
- Maryland has parted ways with its football team's strength and conditioning staff Rick Court in the wake of the death of a player.Maryland has parted ways with its football team's strength and conditioning staff Rick Court in the wake of the death of a player.
- The fate of Urban Meyer's coaching job at Ohio State has boiled down to whether university leaders want to fire him or not.The fate of Urban Meyer's coaching job at Ohio State has boiled down to whether university leaders want to fire him or not.
- Don't tell Jim Calhoun or his former players that UConn is no longer an elite basketball program.Don't tell Jim Calhoun or his former players that UConn is no longer an elite basketball program.
- Ryan LaMarre hit his first major league home run and Lucas Giolito escaped a bases-loaded, no-out jam as the Chicago White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 6-3.Ryan LaMarre hit his first major league home run and Lucas Giolito escaped a bases-loaded, no-out jam as the Chicago White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers 6-3.
- Linebacker Roquan Smith, last holdout from entire draft, signs with Bears and gets to work.Linebacker Roquan Smith, last holdout from entire draft, signs with Bears and gets to work.
- Wisconsin leads way as West Division bids to challenge East dominance in Big Ten.Wisconsin leads way as West Division bids to challenge East dominance in Big Ten.
- The Latest: Ex-wife of fired Ohio State assistant football coach has talked to university investigators.The Latest: Ex-wife of fired Ohio State assistant football coach has talked to university investigators.
- Washington's Jake Browning is hoping to repeat what Baker Mayfield did last year.Washington's Jake Browning is hoping to repeat what Baker Mayfield did last year.
Most Popular Stories
Juvenile shot on playground in southeast Wichita
Wichita Police are investigating after a juvenile was shot near Ross Parkway and Roosevelt.
Man says he caught shoplifters on camera at Wichita Walmart
Paul Zimmerman says he saw the two women, decked out in camo, running out of the store with baskets full of comforters and women's products.
15-year-old beaten at Kansas juvenile detention center; guard on leave
A 15-year-old is in intensive care after he says a guard at a juvenile detention center in Kansas beat him unconscious.
Father charged with killing man who tried to follow daughter into bathroom stall
An Arizona father faces a second-degree murder charge after he allegedly hit, stomped and kicked a man who tried to get into a bathroom stall his teenage daughter was using.
Man arrested in deadly shooting at Wichita nightclub
Jail records show Hernan Quezada was booked Monday afternoon on suspicion of first-degree murder in the death of 24-year-old Austen Wright.
CDC monitors measles outbreak in 21 states, including Kansas
Health officials say more than 100 people from 21 states, including Kansas, have reported contracting the measles this year.
Kansas father and son drown after rain sweeps vehicle off road
The sheriff's office identified the victims as 72-year-old Dennis Catron Sr., and 39-year-old Dennis Catron Jr., of rural Elk City.
Wichita pharmacist indicted in opioid case
A Wichita pharmacist has been indicted in a scheme to unlawfully distribute tens of thousands of opioid tablets that has already ensnared a doctor.
Derby police, sheriff's office to conduct sobriety checkpoint
The Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office and derby police will hold a sobriety checkpoint on Friday.
Wichita police identify bicyclist hit, killed by pickup
Police say a 63-year-old man was killed Tuesday night when he was hit by a pickup in northeast Wichita.