Graham, Svi drafted in second round
Devonte Graham was selected in the second round of the NBA Draft on Thursday 34th overall by the Atlanta Hawks. Graham joins former teammate Frank Mason III who was selected last year by the Sacramento Kings 34th overall.
Landry Shamet drafted by 76ers 26th overall
Wichita State guard Landry Shamet was selected by the Philadelphia 76ers in the first round of the 2018 NBA Draft, 26th overall Thurday night.
US routs Canada to win FIBA Americas under-18 title
Cole Anthony scored 18 points to help the United States win its fifth straight FIBA Americas under-18 title and ninth in 11 years, 113-74 over Canada on Saturday night.
KU basketball hosts Rock Chalk Roundball Classic
Jayhawk men's basketball alumni poured in to Lawrence Free-State high school Thursday night for a good cause.
American Athletic Conference releases men's basketball pairings
The American Athletic Conference has announced the 2018-19 men's basketball conference pairings. Each team in The American will play seven of its 11 conference opponents twice, and the other four opponents once each – two at home and two away.
Bill Self coached US starts men's U18 basketball game vs Panama with 45-0 run
The U.S. scored the first 45 points and went on to beat Panama 118-26 on Monday night in the FIBA Americas U18 Championship.
Keitha Adams basketball camps underway
Wichita State's Keitha Adams Summer Basketball camps are underway at Koch Arena, starting with team camp today.
Team USA U18 team rolls past Dominican Republic
Bill Self's summer project got off to a great start as Team USA's U18 team rolled past the Dominican Republic in the opening round of the FIBA U18 Americas Championship.
Winfield native Riley Osen earns Steeplechase All-American Honors
Winfield native Riley Osen finished eighth in the final race of the 3000m steeplechase.
Northwest's Hicks picks Sooners
Marcus Hicks has racked up more than 20 offers from some of the best college football programs in the nation. The rising senior defensive end made his decision known on Friday, verbally committing to the University of Oklahoma.
K-State hires Hughes as head baseball coach
Pete Hughes has been named the 21st head baseball coach at Kansas State. The former Virginia Tech and Oklahoma head coach has more than 650 wins in 21 seasons as a head coach and has agreed to a five-year deal with the Wildcats.
Mitgaard eager for expanding role with Shockers
Shocker sophomore Asbjorn Mitgaard has now spent a full year in the United States. The Denmark native did a lot of learning in his freshman season and he hopes it will all pay off this winter.
Shockers and Jayhawks women's basketball teams to play in Duel in the Desert
Wichita State will be one of eight teams to participate in the 2018 Duel in the Desert, Dec. 19-21 at UNLV's Cox Pavilion in Las Vegas, it was announced Thursday.
Haynes-Jones becoming more vocal
There will be two seniors on this year's Wichita State squad, forward Markis McDuffie and guard Samajae Haynes-Jones. For Haynes-Jones, a Wichita East graduate, he used his junior season as a time to grow.
Double-digit Shockers taken in 2018 MLB Draft
Ten total Shockers were taken in the 2018 MLB Draft tying the school record for most players drafted in a season.
KU's Goddard goes in third round to Diamondbacks
The Arizona Diamondbacks drafted Kansas junior Jackson Goddard with the 99th overall pick in the MLB Draft.
White Sox draft Shocker duo
The Chicago White Sox used a couple of their day two picks on Wichita State Shockers. First, they took right-handed pitcher Codi Heuer with the 148th overall pick in the 6th round. They later took catcher Gunnar Troutwine in the 9th round with the 258th overall pick.
McDuffie ready to step up for senior season
There are a lot of new faces on the Wichita State Shockers next season, but one of their most familiar will be back for his senior season. Markis McDuffie was able to workout with the Oklahoma City Thunder and Atlanta Hawks last month before withdrawing his name from the NBA Draft and returning to WSU for his final year.
Braves draft Wichita State's Jenista at No. 49 overall
The Atlanta Braves draft Wichita State's Greyson Jenista with the 49th overall pick in the MLB Draft.
Bohm taken No. 3 overall to Philadelphia
Wichita State's Alec Bohm is the third overall pick in the 2018 MLB First Year Player Draft. The Philadelphia Phillies used their first round selection on the Shocker third baseman.
K-State football takes turn at Big XII media days
The Kansas State Wildcats took their turn on the podium Tuesday in Frisco, Texas at Big XII media days.
Wins for Kansas: Laurie Bell Memorial Golf Tournament
Bell came up with an idea to raise money for Newman University athletics.
College Sports NewsMore>>
- APNewsBreak: Schools where late doctor claimed ties are mum on any connections as Ohio State investigates sex abuse claim.APNewsBreak: Schools where late doctor claimed ties are mum on any connections as Ohio State investigates sex abuse claim.
- Gators chomped: Arkansas off to College World Series finals with 5-2 win over defending national champions.Gators chomped: Arkansas off to College World Series finals with 5-2 win over defending national champions.
- Oregon State rallies late to knock North Carolina out of College World Series with 11-6 win.Oregon State rallies late to knock North Carolina out of College World Series with 11-6 win.
- Oregon State's offense keeps humming in 12-2 win over Bulldogs; rematch to send winner to CWS finals.Oregon State's offense keeps humming in 12-2 win over Bulldogs; rematch to send winner to CWS finals.
- A senior Republican senator is defending the embattled Environmental Protection Agency administrator, calling the ethics allegations against Scott Pruitt "outrageous" and "lies.".A senior Republican senator is defending the embattled Environmental Protection Agency administrator, calling the ethics allegations against Scott Pruitt "outrageous" and "lies.".
- Gators hold off Texas Tech 9-6 at College World Series to make bracket final.Gators hold off Texas Tech 9-6 at College World Series to make bracket final.
- Hall of Fame golfer Hubert Green dies at 71; won 2 majors, including US Open while playing portion despite threat against his life.Hall of Fame golfer Hubert Green dies at 71; won 2 majors, including US Open while playing portion despite threat against his life.
- Even on NBA draft night, some in Philadelphia is already thinking about free agency and the pursuit of LeBron James.Even on NBA draft night, some in Philadelphia is already thinking about free agency and the pursuit of LeBron James.
- The University of Texas has agreed to settle a race and sexual discrimination lawsuit filed by former women's track coach Bev Kearney.The University of Texas has agreed to settle a race and sexual discrimination lawsuit filed by former women's track coach Bev Kearney.
- Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby says the NCAA approving three new bowls to being play in 2020 does not guarantee the total number of postseason games will grow.Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby says the NCAA approving three new bowls to being play in 2020 does not guarantee the total number of postseason games will grow.
- UConn says it fired coach Kevin Ollie after finding NCAA violations, including improper workouts and improper contact with recruits by Ollie and former UConn star Ray Allen.UConn says it fired coach Kevin Ollie after finding NCAA violations, including improper workouts and improper contact with recruits by Ollie and former UConn star Ray Allen.
Most Popular Stories
Father of Lucas Hernandez talks about the night he found Emily Glass dead
In a podcast that aired Friday, Johnathan Hernandez revealed what happened the night he found his girlfriend, 27-year-old Emily Glass, shot to death in her home.
Police identify man using stolen credit cards
Police say he came in several times with different women, each time he used a stolen credit card to buy hundreds of dollars worth of items.
Sheriff's office identifies woman killed in shooting near Andover
Deputies were called just after 10:30 p.m. Wednesday to a shooting in the 3200 block of North 159th Street East.
Amber Alert for Kansas City teen canceled
Police issued an update saying, "based on the investigation, we no longer believe Sledge was abducted. We believe she is still endangered and with 18-year-old Anthony King."
Wichita police warn of rise in auto thefts
Dusten Prather of Prather and Sons Auto Repair has been fixing trucks since he was 11-years-old. Overtime, he's become attached to many of his vehicles but this one was extra special to him. "We call it Old Red. I put a lot of miles on it. It's an old truck but it's never let me down,” Prather said.
Plane makes hard landing near Cook Airfield; no injuries
Emergency crews were called at around 1:10 p.m. to the report of a plane crash at Cook Airfield in the 6800 block of South 143rd Street East.
Drivers say contaminated diesel causing thousands of dollars in damage
At least a dozen of you called KAKE News On Your Side Investigates, saying the fuel at one pump is costing them thousands and thousands of dollars in damage.
Body cam video shows Wichita police shooting that injured girl
Dexter Betts and other officers responded December 30 to the report of a domestic disturbance and suicidal person at a home near 13th and Hillside.
Sedgwick County jail hiring, still struggling with staffing shortage
"We've been in a staffing crisis literally coming up on 4 years," Schechter said.
Man charged with capital murder in deaths of 2 Kansas deputies
Antoine Fielder was charged with two counts of capital murder over the deaths of deputies Theresa King and Patrick Rohrer.