KU's Ochai Agbaji has taken the Big 12 by storm
Kansas has had some incredible freshman over the years, so it's no surprise that a rookie has kept the Jayhawks' hope of winning a 15th straight Big 12 title alive. But this year it's a player who wasn't supposed to see the court.
City leaders break ground on Wichita's new baseball stadium
Crews are set to get to work on the city's new baseball stadium. City leaders gathered Wednesday morning for a ground breaking ceremony to celebrate the start of construction.
Brown, Stokes, lead No. 18 Kansas State past Texas 71-64
Barry Brown and Xavier Sneed each scored 16 points, and No. 18 Kansas State beat Texas 71-64 Tuesday night for its ninth straight Big 12 victory.
Shockers' superstitions during four-game win streak
Wichita State is enjoying a four-game win streak, and a lot goes into putting a string of successful games together but let's go beyond the box score.
K-State Running Back Mike McCoy Medically Retires
Kansas State running back Mike McCoy announed on Tuesday that he medically retired from football because of injury issues. McCoy tweeted out that he was born with Spinal Stenosis.
Dotson scores 25 as No. 14 Kansas wins 82-77 in OT at TCU
Devon Dotson scored 25 points, including six free throws in the final 40 seconds of overtime, and No. 14 Kansas beat TCU 82-77 on Monday night for its second win in a row while starting four freshmen. After blowing a 12-point lead in the second half, the Jayhawks (19-6, 8-4 Big 12) never trailed in overtime. They broke the final tie on K.J. Lawson's jumper with 1:09 left before Dotson sealed it at the free-throw line. Dotson also had 10 rebounds for one of the three double-dou...
Wichita State runs by Tulane, 77-62
Wichita State has won 4 consecutive AAC games.
Kansas State extends Big 12 win streak to 8 games
Wildcats take sole possession of first place in the Big 12.
Jayhawks bounce back against OSU, 84-72
Lawson and Agbaji combined to score 48 points.
WSU athletics director Darron Boatright gets 3-year extension
Wichita State University athletics director Darron Boatright received a contract extension on Thursday, the school announced it was renewed through June 2022.
Lagerald Vick takes a leave of absence from the KU basketball team
Kansas senior guard Lagerald Vick will be taking a leave of absence from the KU basketball team, Kansas basketball coach Bill Self announced on Thursday.
Wichita State rolls past East Carolina 65-49
Samajae Haynes-Jones scored 18 points as Wichita State beat East Carolina 65-49 on Wednesday night to notch its third-straight win.
Brown, Sneed help Kansas State beat No. 13 Kansas, 74-67
Barry Brown scored 18 points, Xavier Sneed hit a crucial 3-pointer with a minute to go, and Kansas State roughed up No. 13 Kansas 74-67 on Tuesday night to snap a frustrating eight-game losing streak against its biggest rival.
WATCH: WSU Walk-on Eli Farrakhan gets scholarship
Wichita State walk-on Eli Farrakhan earned a scholarship on Monday.
Long, Self discuss NCAA ruling concerning De Sousa
The NCAA ruled the Angola native will have to sit out the rest of 2019 and next season.
Shockers race by Tulsa, 79-68
Markis McDuffie led the Shockers with 27 points.
K-State hits 16 three pointers in win over OSU
Dean Wade led Kansas State with 24 points.
Jayhawks roll by Texas Tech, 79-63
Lawson and Dotson combined for 45 points.
Jayhawk forward Silvio De Sousa to sit out rest of season
The NCAA says University of Kansas men’s basketball player Silvio De Sousa must sit out the remainder of the 2018-19 season and the 2019-20 season, because his guardian received payment from a university booster and agent and agreed to receive additional funds from the same person.
"Those kids needed that shot to go in", Haynes-Jones gives WSU a boost
Samajae Haynes-Jones had a smooth drive and finish on Wednesday to give Wichita State an 85-83 win over SMU. Gregg Marshall and his coaching staff had faith that the East grad could get it done, and he came through in a huge way.
Haynes-Jones gives Wichita State dramatic win over SMU
Samajae Haynes-Jones scored 17 points and hit a dramatic layup with a second remaining to lift Wichita State to an 85-83 victory over SMU on Wednesday night.
Osetkowski, defense lead Texas past No. 11 Kansas 73-63
Dylan Osetkowksi scored 16 points and Texas used stifling defense to snap a 10-game losing streak to No. 11 Kansas with a 73-63 win Tuesday night.
New friends with Friendship Fields
For the last two seasons, the Friends University athletic teams have been aided by a number of helpers.
Shockers drop road game to UCONN, 80-60
Wichita State falls to 1-6 in the American Conference.
Kansas loses battle of blue bloods, 71-63
4 of Kentucky's 5 starters finished in double figures.
Mitchell rallies Texas A&M to 65-53 win over Kansas State
Wendell Mitchell scored a game-high 22 points, all in the second half, and Texas A&M ran past Kansas State 65-53 on Saturday in the annual Big 12/SEC Challenge.
K-State football takes turn at Big XII media days
The Kansas State Wildcats took their turn on the podium Tuesday in Frisco, Texas at Big XII media days.
Wins for Kansas: Laurie Bell Memorial Golf Tournament
Bell came up with an idea to raise money for Newman University athletics.
College Sports NewsMore>>
- Paul Westphal, Jack Sikma, Marques Johnson and Ben Wallace are first-time finalists for the Basketball Hall of Fame.Paul Westphal, Jack Sikma, Marques Johnson and Ben Wallace are first-time finalists for the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Dallas' Luka Doncic's International Fab 5: Giannis, Porzingis, Jokic, Dragic and himself.Dallas' Luka Doncic's International Fab 5: Giannis, Porzingis, Jokic, Dragic and himself.
- Nick Perkins equaled his career high with 26 points _ including four 3-pointers in the second half _ to lift No. 25 Buffalo to an 88-82 victory over Toledo.Nick Perkins equaled his career high with 26 points _ including four 3-pointers in the second half _ to lift No. 25 Buffalo to an 88-82 victory over Toledo.
- Extremely young and doggedly determined, Maryland has used a long-awaited growth spurt to move into the upper tier of the Big Ten standings.Extremely young and doggedly determined, Maryland has used a long-awaited growth spurt to move into the upper tier of the Big Ten standings.
- Sophie Cunningham scored 24 points, Amber Smith added 16 and Missouri upset No. 5 Mississippi State 75-67.Sophie Cunningham scored 24 points, Amber Smith added 16 and Missouri upset No. 5 Mississippi State 75-67.
- Schofield's double-double helps No. 1 Tennessee beat South Carolina 85-73 for 19th straight win.Schofield's double-double helps No. 1 Tennessee beat South Carolina 85-73 for 19th straight win.
- Iowa senior Megan Gustafson scored 16 points on 8-of-8 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds in a narrow loss to Florida State on Nov. 24.Iowa senior Megan Gustafson scored 16 points on 8-of-8 shooting and grabbed eight rebounds in a narrow loss to Florida State on Nov. 24.
- The 2019 college football season seven and a half months away. Time to start projecting.The 2019 college football season seven and a half months away. Time to start projecting.
- Almost no one knows the players, and there's virtually no history to look back on. But that's not stopping people from making bets on America's newest professional football league, the Alliance of American Football.Almost no one knows the players, and there's virtually no history to look back on. But that's not stopping people from making bets on America's newest professional football league, the Alliance of American Football.
- The Illinois House could vote on a plan this week to increase the minimum wage to $15 an hour, but inflation will largely negate the impact for low-income workers by the time the pay floor reaches that level in 2025.The Illinois House could vote on a plan this week to increase the minimum wage to $15 an hour, but inflation will largely negate the impact for low-income workers by the time the pay floor reaches that level in 2025.
- Cam Reddish made a tying 3-pointer with 1:28 left and the go-ahead free throws with 14 seconds remaining, helping No. 2 Duke overcome a 23-point second-half deficit to beat No. 16 Louisville 71-69.Cam Reddish made a tying 3-pointer with 1:28 left and the go-ahead free throws with 14 seconds remaining, helping No. 2 Duke overcome a 23-point second-half deficit to beat No. 16 Louisville 71-69.
Most Popular Stories
Homeless couple doing all they can to survive winter weather
The cold weather is a threat to the homeless community, but those who couldn’t get into a shelter say they've figured out other ways to survive.
Missing 11-year-old found safe
Wichita police are asking for the public's help in finding a missing 11-year-old girl.
Florida man receives $980,000 tax refund after reporting $18,497 in wages
A Florida man who reported $18,497 in wages is in trouble after he received a $980,000 tax refund based on a false tax return that he filed, according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Tampa, Florida.
Surprise search at Hutchinson prison uncovers weapons, drugs and phones
Authorities at the Hutchinson Correctional Facility confiscated a large amount of inmate-made weapons during an unannounced search.
'Zombie deer' disease reported in Kansas, 23 other states
Animals with a disease known as "zombie deer" have been reported in 24 states including Kansas, according to the CDC.
Burglary ring: 10 arrested, $170,000 in property recovered in Wichita
The Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office received information Tuesday from from the Sumner County Sheriff's Office that property was possibly being kept in a storage unit at 1775 South George Washington Boulevard in Wichita.
Remembering Zei Uwadia, local teen who spent 457 days in the hospital
Hundreds of flowers float down the Arkansas River in memory of Zei Uwadia. "I'm honoring her in that not that she lived or died, or the way that she died, but I think just to honor her as a whole, says Zei's mom, Brie Kerschen.
Family wants answers after dog hit by mail carrier's car
It's not a Valentine's Day that a local family wanted to experience. Their dog was run over by a mail carrier's car in their own driveway.
3 boys buy flowers for all 270 girls at Kansas middle school for Valentine's Day
Three Kansas middle school students went the extra mile to ensure every girl at their school had a special Valentine’s Day.
Report: Payless ShoeSource closing all stores
Payless ShoeSource will be closing all of its U.S. stores, according to business news organization Reuters.