Firefighters say electrical malfunction caused fire at apartment complex

Posted: Updated:
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -

The Wichita Fire Department are saying an electrical malfunction is the cause of an apartment fire Saturday in Southeast Wichita.

Firefighters were called out before 11:30 a.m. to the Parke East Townhomes, near Harry and Woodlawn.

Fire investigators believe faulty wiring in the was may have been the cause of the fire.

The estimated cost of damage is almost $300,000. The fire is still under investigation.

No one was injured but the American Red Cross was at the scene to help those affected by the fire.

Check out these photos from across KAKEland snapped by our viewers, staff and local officials. Do you have pictures to share with us? Email them to news@kake.com.

MORE SLIDESHOWS HERE