What to know before you head to the pollsPosted: Updated:
As Tuesday’s primary nears, all eyes in Kansas and across the nation are on the race for governor.
The Sedgwick County Election Office has been asking for volunteers for weeks. Some people did come forward to help, but because of the lack of helpers, prepare for a wait.
Just a couple of things to remember:
- When you head to your polling place, don't forget your I-D.The Sedgwick County Election Office requires voters to bring a government issued photo I-D.
- You will also be asked to state your name and address to check in.
- You have the choice of voting in a machine or using paper ballot.
- After you're done, you'll be given am "I Voted" sticker.
- If you're an unaffiliated voter, you can vote in tomorrow's election, but you will have to declare a party affiliation.
The polls in Sedgwick County will be open bright and early at 6 a.m. and will close at 7 p.m. For a full list of polling locations, click here.