2 dogs, several cats killed in Wichita house fire

Posted: Updated:
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -

An official with the Wichita Fire Department says two dogs and several cats died in a house fire on Wednesday. 

Crews were called at around 3:45 p.m. to a fire in the 400 block of North Pamela Avenue, near Central and Tyler. They arrived to find heavy fire coming from the front of the home. 

Lt. Jose Ocadiz said two people suffered smoke inhalation and were treated at the scene. Two dogs and an undisclosed number of cats died in the fire.

The fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the garage.

"Any time you have type of fire, regardless of how small you believe it is, we want to make sure that you emphasize calling 911. It's very important."

A damage estimate was not released.

Check out these photos from across KAKEland snapped by our viewers, staff and local officials. Do you have pictures to share with us? Email them to news@kake.com.

MORE SLIDESHOWS HERE