Thursday, December 20, 2012
A Wichita elementary school was evacuated due to a gas leak Thursday morning.
This morning, someone noticed a smell of gas inside Gardiner Elementary and officials called Black Hills Energy.
A Black Hills representative located a gas leak, and kids were temporarily evacuated to the school's playground.
Once school leaders learned the building wouldn't have heat for the rest of the day, the decision was made to cancel classes.
Students were moved a couple of blocks away to St. Luke's Presbyterian Church where parents were notified to pick up their children.