Propane Bottle May Have Caused Fire Near Augusta

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

UPDATE: Thursday, January 17, 2013

Investigators believe a propane bottle attached to a barbecue grill may be the cause of a fire last night in Augusta, but they're still unsure what may have caused it to explode.

No one was injured in the fire, reported shortly after 7 p.m. Wednesday night in the 4600 block of SW 98th Terrace.



Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A house fire near Augusta sent flames shooting into the air Wednesday night.

It happened shortly after 7 p.m. in the 4600 block of SW 98th Terrace, just east of Augusta. Witnesses reported hearing an explosion in the area before seeing flames.

Fire officials say it appears the fire started on the second floor, but there is no word on a cause. Everyone inside the home was able to escape safely.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 187231151 - kake.com/a?a=187231151
Gray Television, Inc.