Wichita restaurant owners set to change pleas

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press
The operators of a Wichita restaurant have told a judge that they plan to change their pleas on federal charges of employing people who are in the country unlawfully.

MGN Online

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — The operators of a Wichita restaurant have told a judge that they plan to change their pleas on federal charges of employing people who are in the country unlawfully.

A court notation Thursday in the case against Yong Lin and his wife, Zhuo Mei Weng, sets a hearing Feb. 12 for both of them in Wichita. The U.S. Attorney's Office says it has reached tentative agreements for guilty pleas.

The couple was indicted last year on charges of conspiracy and harboring people who are in the U.S. unlawfully.

Prosecutors brought the case after federal agents and local police searched the World Buffet Grill and three Wichita apartments.

A 12-count indictment alleges they paid workers in cash and failed to complete employment eligibility forms.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 241814531 - kake.com/a?a=241814531