KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News, Weather, & Sports

UPDATE: Southeast High evacuated after report of fire in restroom

By: KAKE News - Email
By: KAKE News - Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

A Wichita high school was evacuated briefly after the report of a possible fire inside.

Southeast High at Lincoln and Edgemoor was evacuated around 2:30 Thursday afternoon after someone reported smoke coming from a men's restroom.

Firefighters arrived on scene discovered one of the trash cans in the bathroom had been set ablaze. They quickly put the fire out, and classes resumed.

Wichita police are still investigating and have not reported any arrests.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246396981 - kake.com/a?a=246396981