UPDATE: Kansas man electrocuted while working on building

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

LAWRENCE, Kan A 54-year-old Lawrence man was electrocuted while working on a historic building in Lawrence.

The Lawrence Journal-World reports the man, who has not been identified, was repairing guttering at the historic Turnhalle building Friday morning when a co-worker found him on the ground. Police say the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police spokeswoman Kim Murphree says police aren't releasing any other information.

Gina Penzig, spokeswoman for Westar Energy in Topeka, says the victim came in contact with an overhead power line and was electrocuted. She said it's unclear how he came into contact with the line.

The Turnhalle building is one of the Lawrence Preservation Alliance's projects. Construction on the building was nearing completion at the time of the man's death.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 267697311 - kake.com/a?a=267697311