Friday, July 5, 2013
Fire officials said a sparkler is to blame for a fire that destroyed a mobile home Friday afternoon in Park City.
The fire was reported just after 1:30 p.m. Friday at a double-wide mobile home at 12 East Sequoya Street.
Upon arrival, flames were seen emanating from the back of the home. Due to the fire's intensity, crews were forced to fight the fire from the outside. The fire was brought under control around 3:30 p.m.
Sedgwick County Fire officials said a child had been playing with a sparkler outside the home, which is what started the fire.
No injuries were reported.
Damage is estimated at $45,000, making the mobile home a total loss.