UPDATE: Park City Mobile Home Fire Caused By Sparkler

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Friday, July 5, 2013

Fire officials said a sparkler is to blame for a fire that destroyed a mobile home Friday afternoon in Park City.

The fire was reported just after 1:30 p.m. Friday at a double-wide mobile home at 12 East Sequoya Street.

Upon arrival, flames were seen emanating from the back of the home. Due to the fire's intensity, crews were forced to fight the fire from the outside. The fire was brought under control around 3:30 p.m.

Sedgwick County Fire officials said a child had been playing with a sparkler outside the home, which is what started the fire.

No injuries were reported.

Damage is estimated at $45,000, making the mobile home a total loss.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 214406541 - kake.com/a?a=214406541