Careless Smoking Blamed For Fire Death

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sumner County Sheriff officials are investigating the death of a Geuda Springs area man who was killed in a house fire. It happened near the intersection of U.S. 166 about six miles west of Arkansas City.

Chief Deputy Mike Yoder says a man in his 50s was found dead in his bed Saturday afternoon. Yoder says investigators believe the man was smoking in bed and his cigarette set the mattress and bedding ablaze. The fire was contained to the bedroom.

The man's name has not been released. An autopsy will be conducted to determine the official cause of death.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135387233 -