House Explosion

By: KAKE News
By: KAKE News

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

A southern Kansas man who rescued his daughter and mother-in-law after their house exploded has been released from the hospital.

The explosion and fire happened Tuesday night at a house in Hunnewell, in Sumner County near the Oklahoma border.

Forty-eight-year-old Doug Moore received burns to his hands rescuing 70-year-old Norma Creed and 23-year-old Wanda Moore. The women both suffered third degree burns and are listed in critical condition at a Wichita hospital burn unit.

Two other people were in the house at the time of the explosion. They were not hurt.

Investigators say the explosion appears to have been started when a newly installed propane line was accidentally turned on.


KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 192356