Elmo Remains On "Sesame Street" As Actor Exits

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

November 21, 2012

Sesame Street's beloved Elmo character will continue despite the resignation of the puppeteer behind the character following sexual abuse allegations.

Fifty-two-year-old Kevin Clash resigned Tuesday after a young man sued him and accused him of engaging in sexual behavior with him when he was 15.

Clash did not address the allegations directly but said in a statement that he is "looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately."

Sesame Workshop says other puppeteers have been trained to serve as Clash's stand-in. The company said last week that "Elmo is bigger than any one person."

Toy company Hasbro says it is confident that "Elmo will remain an integral part of Sesame Street."


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180349731 - kake.com/a?a=180349731