Former Republican Insurance Commissioner endorses Gov. Kelly for re-election in 2022
TOPEKA, Kan. (KAKE) – Governor Laura Kelly announced Friday that former Republican Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger has endorsed her campaign for re-election in 2022.
In a statement Praeger said, “Over the last four years, Governor Laura Kelly has turned Kansas around. From fully funding our public schools and reigniting our economy, Governor Kelly’s bipartisan, moderate approach to governing has delivered for Kansans time and again. Governor Kelly is moving Kansas in the right direction, and we need to keep going. As a Republican, I’m proud to endorse Governor Laura Kelly's campaign for re-election.
Praeger is the latest Republican to endorse Gov. Kelly after the coalition “Republicans for Kelly” was announced.
“I’m honored to have Sandy Praeger’s support as I continue to get the job done for all Kansans regardless of political party,” Gov. Laura Kelly said. “Working with legislators and leaders across the aisle is how I have been able to deliver a balanced budget, fully funded public schools, and record economic development. We’ll continue this work in 2022 and beyond.”
Gov. Kelly has been endorsed by 60 Republicans from across the state, including:
- Gary Sherrer, Leawood, Former Republican Lt. Governor of Kansas
- Steve Morris, Hugoton, Former Republican Kansas Senate President
- Audrey Langworthy, Prairie Village, Former Republican Kansas Senator
- Sheryl Spalding, Overland Park, Former Republican Kansas Representative
- Lana Oleen, Manhattan, Former Republican Kansas Senate Majority Leader
- Charlie Roth, Salina, Former Republican Kansas Representative