WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - Two people were hospitalized critical condition Wednesday evening after a house fire in south Wichita. 

The fire was reported at around 6:30 p.m. in the 2100 block of South Water, which is just southwest of Main and Mount Vernon. A neighbor reportedly tried to help the two people and their dog escape the burning home. 

Crews arrived to find the victims, and EMS rushed them to the hospital. There was no word on the dog's condition Thursday.

The Wichita Fire Department said the fire was accidental, and it caused $30,000 in damage to the structure and its contents.