EARP in effect in Wichita, canceled for Sedgwick County
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - The Emergency Accident reporting plan is in effect in Wichita due to Friday's winter storm.
Wichita-area streets and highways were snow-packed Friday morning. The Wichita Police Department activated EARP at around 8 a.m. The Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office made the announcement just before 9 a.m. and canceled EARP shortly before noon.
The National Weather Service reported that as of noon, Wichita had officially received 3.3 inches of snow, breaking the daily record for January 5 of 2.6 inches set in 1929. You can check road conditions and traffic cameras at KanDrive.org.
- Driver’s name
- Drivers’ License Number and State of Issuance
- Home Address, City and State
- Phone Number
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) typically found on dash and insurance card
- License Plate Number• Name of Insurance Company• Location of accident- Street Names, intersection, etc.
- Take photos with your phone and submit those with the forms