Dillons customers ages 55 and up get 5% off on Wednesday
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - Dillons is offering customers ages 55 and up a 5% discount on their in-store purchases next Wednesday.
"In celebration of the holiday season, Dillons is pleased to extend a special discount to its senior shoppers," the company said in a release. "On Wednesday, December 13, 2023, customers aged 55 and up will enjoy a 5% discount on their in-store groceries and everyday essentials to make the holidays bright."
All customers need to do is ask their Dillons cashier to have the discount applied to their order. No coupon is needed.
“At Dillons, we love to share ‘surprise and delight’ offers for a little unexpected cheer, especially when it comes helping our customers save.” said Sheila Regehr, corporate affairs manager for Dillons. “Whether it’s added fuel points on Fridays, savings with a digital coupon, or scoring a great markdown price, everyone loves a great deal. That’s why we’re excited to extend this one-day Senior Day discount on Wednesday, December 13. It is the surprise of special savings, just in time for holiday gatherings.”
Dillons also offered the following tips for the holiday season and everyday shopping:
- Make a list and stick to it. Plan recipes for the week ahead, ideally with multiple meals that use some of the same ingredients. Then make a list and try not to deviate from it. Having a plan will help keep to a budget.
- Be strategic about shopping trips. Try not to head to the store when hungry. Shopping on an empty stomach can lead to impulse buys.
- Shop online for pickup or delivery. Shopping online is also an easy way to compare brand prices, avoid impulse purchases, see what’s on sale, and keep track of totals before the purchase is complete. Online shopping is available with Dillons Pickup or delivery using Boost by Dillons, the annual grocery delivery membership that can save customers up to $1,000 per year on fuel and grocery delivery.
- Take advantage of discounts. Sign up for a Dillons Shopper’s Card to get discounts and earn rewards every time you shop. Plus, by downloading the Dillons app, customers can clip digital coupons and view the weekly ad online to see what’s on sale, then consider building meals around those items. Visit Dillons Saving Center for more.
- Know what’s in the pantry and fridge. Consider keeping a running list of items frequently purchased and note which ones need replenishing. Plus, understanding food available on hand helps to plan meals - keeping grocery bills lower.
- Buy Our Brands. You can save hundreds of dollars each year when you shop Kroger Brand, Simple Truth® and Private Selection® items. Our Brands includes over 13,000 items that families know they can trust. These are products are only found at The Kroger Co. Family of Stores. Each item offers a money-back guarantee for quality and freshness.
The discount excludes alcohol, tobacco products, fuel, money orders, taxes, postage stamps, gift cards/certificates, lottery, promotional tickets, CRV, prescriptions and guest or customer services/fees. Customers must use their Rewards Card or Shopper’s Card.