WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - The Wichita Police Department has arrested a teenager in connection to a Friday night homicide on the city's east side. 

The Wichita Police say they were dispatched just before 10 p.m. to  the 11200 block of East Central for a shooting. After arriving on scene, officers located 69-year-old Norma Williams unconscious and not breathing with a gunshot wound to her upper body. Williams was later pronounced deceased at a local hospital. 

Upon investigation, the WPD learned that Mrs. Williams was the front passenger of a vehicle traveling northbound on Greenwich, approaching the eastbound lanes of Kellogg Drive. When they reached the intersection, a group of motorcycles riding eastbound ran the red light and one of the motorcycles driven by 19-year-old Daryon Boone struck their vehicle.

Following the incident, Boone followed the vehicle, ultimately producing a handgun and shooting into the vehicle, which fatally injured Mrs. Williams.

Boone was arrested for first degree murder, criminal discharge of a firearm into an occupied vehicle and aggravated assault. The Sedgwick County district attorney's office confirmed Boone was released from jail on $500,000 bond. 

Police are asking for anyone with any additional information on this case to call WPD detectives at 316-268-4407, the See Something Say Something hotline at 316-519-2282 or submit an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers at 316-267-2111.

Previous story:

The Wichita Police Department is investigating a Friday night homicide on the city's east side. 

Just before 10pm, WPD says, a couple inside of a truck was traveling west bound on an access road on Kellogg, when at Greenwich, the couple encountered, a group of "street racers" that had taken over the intersection. Chief Joe Sullivan says one of the bikes (motorcycles) came in contact with the truck. The truck attempted to drive away from the scene/encounter and that's when a few of the "stunt riders" started following the truck. 

Chief Sullivan says one of the individuals on a bike pulled a firearm "and put two shots into the rear window of the pickup truck and killed the female occupant of the truck... in full view of her husband. This is sickening," Chief Sullivan added. 

The man driving the truck pulled into a nearby store to get some help for his dying wife. She died from her injuries. 

The couple is believed to be in their late 60s or early 70s. 

Chief Sullivan says all resources the department has will be made available in finding out who is responsible.

"It's senseless," Chief Sullivan said. "People are going to be held accountable."

As of Friday night, no arrests have been made.