Tree limb falling on power lines causes house fire in Hutchinson
HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KAKE) - A tree limb falling onto power lines caused a house to catch fire in Hutchinson.
The Hutchinson Fire Department said that shortly after 2 p.m. they responded to a fire at 2704 North Madison. When crews arrived, smoke was coming from all the vents leading to the attic. Firefighters were able to contain the fire in the attic and put it out.
The residents were not home when the fire started and no injuries were reported.
Fire Chief Jeremy Unruh said it was caused by a tree limb falling onto a power line which damaged the weather head and electrical box.