Assistant Chief Engineer
KAKE, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, Kansas, has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. This position is responsible for performing and supervising maintenance of all broadcast equipment in the KAKE/KUPK/KLBY transmission systems. Duties also include serving as the designated FCC Chief Operator.
- Perform maintenance of all RF transmission equipment, including troubleshooting and repair of electronic broadcast equipment to component level.
- Serve as the designated FCC Chief Operator for KAKE. Responsible for compliance with FCC technical rules including EAS and transmitter remote control systems.
- Supervise KUPK Chief Engineer in maintenance of all transmission equipment at the KUPK and KLBY broadcast facilities.
- Assist with maintenance of KAKE’s RF, IP and Bonded Cellular equipment. Also includes assistance with maintenance of various switcher, remote control, monitoring/test equipment, and DTV equipment.
- Assist Chief Engineer with planning and design of new and replacement broadcast electronic and computer systems.
- Install new equipment into existing plan systems. Perform equipment tests for technical compliance after installation is complete.
- Must be available for on-call emergencies.
- Minimum of two-year trade or technical school or some degree in the specialized study of electronics theory and maintenance of electronics-based system or computer science/networking or equivalent work experience.
- At least one-year prior experience in broadcast operations (Master Control or Production).
- At least eight years’ experience in maintaining broadcast RF transmission systems.
- Extensive knowledge of all broadcast systems and knowledge of FCC regulations.
- Good eyesight and hearing, and ability to lift equipment that may exceed 50 pounds.
- Position involves working with high AC, DC, and RF voltages in transmission equipment.
- General knowledge and experience with mechanical based equipment, as well as experience with computers, servers, and networking equipment.
Interested candidates can apply to:
Lori Johnson, Business Manager
1500 N. West Street
Wichita, KS 67203
Or by e-mail to [email protected]
No telephone calls please
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required as well as a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.