Boil water advisories issued for Norwich and Leon
TOPEKA, Kan. (KAKE) - The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has issued a boil water advisory for Norwich and Leon, Kansas.
The advisory in Norwich took effect on January 2, 2023 and the KDHE added the city of Leon in Butler County on January 3, 2023.
Customers should observe the following precautions until further notice:
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation or use bottled water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
- If tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting it run until it clears.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
If you have any questions you can call the water system at: 620-478-2278 or KDHE at 785-296-5514.