East Wichita home damaged in overnight fire
No one is hurt when an east Wichita home catches fire early Thursday morning. The fire broke out around 3:40 a.m. in the 4900 block of East Murdock, near Oliver.
Crews first arriving on scene to find a significant fire coming from the garage. Firefighters put the flames out quickly, but not before some spread to the attic.
An official says investigators believe the fire started with a generator in the garage that was warming the home. We're told a man renovating the home made it out safely.
The fire caused about $20,000 in damage. Crews will be keeping an eye on the home throughout the day checking for any potential hot spots.