Boil water advisory issued for Rose Hill
ROSE HILL, Kan. (KAKE) - The Kansas Department of Health and Environment has issued a Boil Water Advisory for the City of Rose Hill public water supply system located in Butler County.
KDHE says that customers should observe the following precautions until further notice:
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation or use bottled water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
- If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary. while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
The advisory took effect on July 29 and will remain in effect until the conditions that placed the system at risk of bacterial contamination are resolved.
The Rose Hill Facebook page said that crews "are working on the water main break North of Rose Hill, please look for updates from KDHE regarding this boil advisory on Sunday at the earliest."