House a complete loss after Saturday fire
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - Wichita Fire Department Battalion Chief Jose Ocadiz has confirmed to KAKE News that a house fire over the weekend was caused by children playing with illegal fireworks.
Fire crews were dispatched to a home in the 2400 block of E. Shadybrook St. just after 4:00 Saturday afternoon. Firefighters quickly put the fire out, but the home is a total loss.
A family has lost their home after a fire on Saturday afternoon.
Fire crews were dispatched to the 2400 block of E. Shadybrook St. just after 4:00 p.m. When they arrived, they discovered heavy flames and smoke.
The fire was put out in less than an hour, but the house was a total loss. Firefighters continued to monitor hot spots.
The cause of the fire hasn't been determined yet.
KAKE News will have more on this story on our 6:00 broadcast.