Fire department: Man electrocuted on roof of building in Old Town
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - Officials are investigating after a man was electrocuted on the roof of a building in Old Town.
The incident happened at around noon Tuesday in the 800 block of East Douglas. Battalion Chief Jose Ocadiz said said two electricians were working on the HVAC system at around when one of them suffered an electric shock.
"WFD utilized their Special Operations Rescue Team to conduct a high angle rescue to get the man down from the roof," said Ocadiz. "Life saving efforts were unsuccessful and the man died of his injuries."
The man's name has not been released. The other electrician was not hurt and was the one who called for help.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is involved in the investigation.
Note: A previous version of this story erroneously reported the incident happened at the Cargill headquarters.