Cat dies in Wichita house fire caused by fireworks
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - The Wichita Fire Department says a house fire that killed a family's cat was caused by discarded fireworks.
Crews responded at around 10 p.m. on July 4th to a fire in the 2400 block of South Bonn, near Pawnee and Meridian. While en route, Capt. Nicholas Woods said they received reports of the house and a vehicle on fire.
They arrived to find heavy fire emanating from the front of the house, and a neighbor's siding had melted. WFD Investigator Capt. Kelly Zane said the fire caused around $100,000 in damage.
The fire was caused by fireworks that had been discarded in a trash can, which was taken into the garage.