Kansas adds 2 new states to travel quarantine list, removes 1
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - Kansas Department of Health and Environment adds two new states to travel quarantine list, and removes one.
In a news release the KDHE said they are adding South Carolina and Florida to the list of quarantine travel and removing Maryland.
This new updated list is effective for those returning from these states today, June 29, and going forward.
A comprehensive list of those individuals in Kansas needing to quarantine for 14 days includes those who have:
- South Carolina and Florida on or after June 29.
- Alabama, Arizona and Arkansas on or after June 17.
- Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15.
- International travel on or after March 15.
Others needing to continue quarantining:
- Received notification from public health officials (state or local) that you are a close contact of a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19.
The quarantine orders do not apply to those working in essential roles that need to continue through the pandemic.
The state will update the list on July 13.
For more coronavirus updates go to kake.com/coronavirus.