Man dies of possible carbon monoxide poisoning in Wellington
Authorities believe a man who died of possible carbon monoxide poisoning in Wellington was running a generator in his home.
Emergency crews responded just before 2 p.m. Tuesday to the 1500 block of North C Street, where they found the man unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Wellington Fire Department said when crews arrived, the generator had run out of gas and was off. It may have been going for some time before the man was discovered.
His dog was found alive in the home, but fire officials said the animal was in bad shape and didn't know if it would survive.
The man's name has not been released. The cause of his death is believed to be carbon monoxide poisoning.