The stepmother of Lucas Hernandez, a 5-year-old boy who she reported missing in February, has been jailed after the child's remains were found in Harvey County. 

Emily Glass, 27, was arrested by Wichita Police at 9:15 p.m. and then booked into the Sedgwick County Jail at 10:34 p.m. Thursday for one count of interference with law enforcement and obstruction.

Wichita Police Chief Gordon Ramsay said Glass led a private investigator to the location where a small body was found.   Chief Ramsay said police believe the body is Lucas Hernandez.  An autopsy should be complete Friday afternoon.  

Authorities gathered Thursday afternoon in the 9700 block of South Woodlawn. That's east of the town of Sedgwick. A call came in at 6:30 p.m. from Sedgwick Police to Harvey County officers reporting they found the body of a small person under a bridge in the area and needed assistance.

When officers arrived  to the scene, they located a body they say is "unidentifiable." The body is reported to be severely decomposed and shows signs of having been there for a significant amount of time.

The grandmother of Lucas Hernandez confirmed that the body found under the bridge was her grandson. 

District Attorney Mark Bennett says that Emily Glass was in that area hours before a private investigator and Harvey County officers arrived at the scene. 

Community members Thursday night gathered for a vigil at Lucas' home in the 600 block of South Edgemoor.

More on the search for Lucas:

Lucas was reported missing on February 17th, 2018. His stepmother, Emily Glass reported him missing, telling police that she fell asleep while watching him and when she woke up, Lucas was nowhere to be found. 

Shortly after his disappearance, family members voiced concern in the months leading up to his disappearance stating that Lucas showed signs of abuse and multiple calls had been made to DCF. A neighbor who lived in the same apartment complex as Lucas told KAKE news that he had seen the boy a few days prior to his disappearance with bruises and seemed "extremely malnourished". 

Glass was arrested four days after she reported Lucas missing, for child endangerment charges related to her 1-year-old daughter. Glass was acquitted of those charges on May 17.

Glass was never arrested in connection with Lucas' disappearance but did remain a person of interest in the case. 

Lucas' father, Jonathan Hernandez was arrested for battery on May 10 in an unrelated case. Both Glass and Hernandez deny any involvement in the boy's disappearance.

For the last three months, local and national search groups have worked to find Lucas Hernandez. The disappearance of Lucas gained local and national attention as teams such as EquuSearch and Missing Pieces Network helped in the search for Lucas.