KAKEland broadcasts full power DTV on VHF channel 10 and on low-power translator DTV UHF channel 21
For viewers who have had difficulty receiving KAKEland over the air, we added a low-power digital translator on UHF Channel 21. This additional frequency may result in improved signal strength and reliability.
If you have not been able to receive KAKEland over the air with an indoor set-top antenna, please try a re-scan. Re-scanning is simple and will only take about 5 minutes.
Use the following steps to re-scan:
- Unplug the antenna from your digital television or DTV converter box.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or a re-scan of channels (This will clear out the memory of existing channels on your digital TV or DTV converter box. Because the antenna is unplugged, your system should find zero channels).
- Unplug the power from the digital TV or DTV converter box for at least two to three minutes.
- Restore power to the digital TV or DTV converter box.
- Re-attach the antenna to the digital TV or DTV converter box.
- Once again, follow the manufacturer's recommended procedure for auto-scan or re-scan of channels. This will allow your tv to lock-in the most powerful signal from KAKEland.
A proper “full-size” non-amplified antenna, mounted in the attic or outdoors will always outperform even the best indoor set-top.