KAKE News – Wichita, Kansas
KAKE-TV, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, is looking for an aggressive, highly motivated and skilled News Reporter/Producer to join our award-winning staff. We are seeking a journalist with great work ethic.
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Must be able to perform duties on all platforms, from on-air, to web publishing, and all other social media
- Must have strong writing ability and outstanding organizational and communication skills
- We want people with winning attitudes and people who want the best in each and every newscast
- We are looking for a self-starter who can present a balanced news product
- Must be creative, open to ideas, and make our newscasts as strong as they can be
- Must be an active participant in editorial meetings and take a leadership role
- Drive and operate station vehicles
- At least 1 year of television news experience
- College degree in broadcast journalism preferred
- Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
When applying please note your referral source and send resume reel to:
Assistant News Director
1500 N. West St.
Wichita, KS 67203
Or by email: email@example.com
No phone calls please
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE-TV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.