KAKE News – Wichita, Kansas
KAKE-TV, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, has an opening for an energetic and enterprising News Reporter in a fast-paced newsroom. We are an aggressive, award winning shop that values the art of storytelling.
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Perform active live shots in the field or studio as assigned by Producer
- Drive and operate station vehicles
- Travel long distances in the execution of assigned duties
- Be available on-call as assigned
- Look for points of difference in storytelling, including walking, talking in stand-ups and live shots
- Support and champion the KAKE News Brand
- Be able to post video and stories on web and mobile platforms
- Win Breaking News
- At least 1 year experience as reporter or MMJ
- College degree in broadcast journalism preferred
- Ability to work independently with excellent editorial judgment
- Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Aggressive and competitive qualities with an overriding sense of good journalism, and fair reporting
- Tell both sides of a story and enterprise stories on a daily basis.
When applying please note your referral source and send resume reel to:
Assistant News Director
1500 N. West St.
Wichita, KS 67203
Or by email: email@example.com
No phone calls please
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE-TV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.