KAKE News – Wichita, Kansas
KAKE-TV, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, has an immediate opening for a News Producer. We are a fast-paced newsroom that puts an emphasis on breaking news and weather coverage.
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Directing reporters and photographers to complete assigned tasks
- Responding to viewer inquiries and making regular “beat” calls to stay on top of the latest news developments
- A positive attitude and desire to win are vital to the position.
- Must be a team player, proficient in multitasking and have a flexible schedule.
- We are looking for a candidate who is active in social media and embraces producing content for multiple platforms
- College degree in broadcast journalism, mass communications or equivalent experience is required
- At least 1 year newsroom experience is preferred, including the ability to generate story ideas and write original content.
When applying please note your referral source and send resume reel to:
Assistant News Director
1500 N. West St.
Wichita, KS 67203
Or by email: email@example.com
No phone calls please
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE-TV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.