KAKE News – Wichita, Kansas
KAKE-TV, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, has an opening for an energetic and motivated News Photojournalist to shoot compelling video for fast-paced news broadcasts. We are an aggressive, award winning shop that values the art of photography and creative storytelling.
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Must be able to work in a pressured and very competitive environment with an experienced team.
- Shoot live news footage as well as edit footage for news shows.
- Gather information, takes notes as necessary, and insure that basic information is on tape and relayed to the newscast producer.
- Looks for and takes opportunities to capture compelling pictures and communicates with producers and reporters to make sure that the best pictures are taken and then used in telling stories.
- Works with reporter as a team to get the best possible video to tell each story with accuracy and maximum impact.
- Edits stories as assigned in professional manner.
- Familiarity with non-linear edit systems, TVU backpacks and live trucks is a plus
- This position may be required to work varying shifts to accommodate scheduling needs
- At least 1 year experience as a Photojournalist
- College degree preferred
- Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
When applying please note your referral source and send resume reel to:
Assistant News Director
1500 N. West St.
Wichita, KS 67203
Or by email: email@example.com
No phone calls please
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE-TV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.