Police investigating a gas leak in Topeka find woman dead

Posted: Updated:
(KAKE/ABC) -

Police investigating a gas leak in a Topeka home found a deceased woman inside.

The Topeka Fire Department was called to reports of a possible gas leak a little after 8 p.m. The leak was in the 900 block of SW Warren, according to Lt. Shane Hilton.  

When the fire department reached the home, they received the assistance of the Topeka Police to force entry inside. They found an adult female inside who was pronounced dead by medical personnel.  Another person was taken to a local hospital in serious condition. Lt. Hilton added that, because of the circumstances witnessed by the officers, the residence was secured so that Crime Scene Officers and Detectives could continue to investigate.  Police did not release names of either victim.

The death is considered suspicious.

Check out these photos from across KAKEland snapped by our viewers, staff and local officials. Do you have pictures to share with us? Email them to news@kake.com.

MORE SLIDESHOWS HERE