Police surround home in search for Kansas bar shooting suspect

Posted: Updated:
Javier Alatorre (left) and Hugo Villanueva-Morales. Javier Alatorre (left) and Hugo Villanueva-Morales.

After searching a home on Tuesday, Kansas City, Kansas, police say they have not located one of the suspects in a a shooting that four people dead and five wounded. 

Hugo Villanueva-Morales, 29, is still on the loose and is considered armed and dangerous. 

Previous story:

Police in Kansas City, Kansas, have surrounded a home just four blocks away from the bar where four people died and five others were wounded in a mass shooting this week

KMBC reports police spokesperson Jonathon Westbrook confirmed Tuesday afternoon that the house near North 14th Street and Riverview Avenue is surrounded in connection with their search for one of the suspects, 29-year-old Hugo Villanueva-Morales. 

“At this point, we don’t have confirmation that our second suspect is near,” Westbrook told the ABC affiliate in Kansas City. “But we have information that leads us to believe that he is at the residence."

(MORE: Wichita police chief says KC shootings point to solutions for rising violent crime)

Numerous police and tactical units were reported at the scene, and negotiators could be heard attempting to coax someone out of the home.

“At this point, our guys have established a perimeter and we’re attempting to make contact with individuals inside the residence. We have vacated several homes in the area to make sure that in the event that something goes wrong innocent lives aren’t at stake."

Villanueva-Morales has been charged with four counts of first-degree murder since Sunday morning's shooting. Javier Alatorre was taken into custody later Sunday and faces the same charges. 

Police say surveillance video shows Villanueva-Morales arguing with someone and being forced to leave the Tequila KC bar late Saturday. Police say gunfire erupted when he returned about two hours later with Alatorre, who was arrested later Sunday in Kansas City, Missouri.

Alatorre waived his right to extradition and will be sent to Wyandotte County within the next 24 hours to face charges.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.