Lightning sparks fire at Derby townhouse

Posted: Updated:
DERBY, Kan. (KAKE) -

Lightning sparked a fire at a Derby townhouse Thursday afternoon.   

A resident of Springcreek Townhouses, 1804 E. Osage Road, called 911 and reported her apartment had been hit by lightning.   

Fire crews arrived and saw flames on the exterior of the building. 

The fire caused $60,000 in damage and residents of two units had to be moved to other housing.  

Check out these photos from across KAKEland snapped by our viewers, staff and local officials. Do you have pictures to share with us? Email them to news@kake.com.

MORE SLIDESHOWS HERE