Autopsy: Wichita toddler died from methadone poisoning

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -

A newly released autopsy has revealed that a Wichita toddler died as a result of methadone toxicity in his system.

2-year-old Zayden Jaynesahkluah was found dead on May 31 at a motel on South Broadway where he had been living with his 23-year-old mother, Kimberly Compass.

Zayden's death was originally believed to be medically related but the autopsy has concluded otherwise.

The autopsy which was conducted at the Sedgwick County Regional Forensic Science Center revealed that blood samples taken from Zayden tested positive for .5 mg/L and .82 mg/L of methadone.

A juice bottle containing a red liquid and a cigarette butt also tested positive for methadone and nicotine. 

"In my opinion Zayden Jaynesahkluah died as a result of methadone toxicity," the coroner said in a final conclusion.

Kimberly Compass has been arrested in connection to his death.

Check out these photos from across KAKEland snapped by our viewers, staff and local officials. Do you have pictures to share with us? Email them to news@kake.com.

MORE SLIDESHOWS HERE