Apartment fire in northeast Wichita caused by a cigarette

Posted: Updated:

Wichita fire crews got called out to the area of 7677 east 21st street north for a building fire around two this afternoon. Officials say the fire was put out without any issues and there are no injuries. But the original cause is a cigarette and careless smoking

And the fire department reminds us to stay hydrated in the heat, where fires are more likely. "The fire department puts a big stress on keeping hydrated and hydrating before you even come to work and then hydrating, drinking water, plenty of fluids during the day." 

The fire began in the apartment office and there was no damage to the rest of the property or any surrounding buildings.