7 situations when you definitely need a financial advisor
Do you know enough about financial management to take care of all of your investing on your own? Or do you need help from a seasoned expert?
That question comes up for millions of Americans each year.
If any of these describe you, you could benefit from professional financial advice.
1. You’re retiring soon – Maximizing retirement income requires smart decisions around complex topics such as Social Security, 401(k) and IRA withdrawals.
2. You manage your own investments – Individual investors should check their strategies with unbiased third parties. You may be overlooking opportunities in your portfolio.
3. You have children – Whether it’s saving for college or planning their inheritance, there are several ways to ensure your children are taken care of.
4. You inherited money – Have you noticed lottery winners often declare bankruptcy? It can be difficult to manage sudden increases in wealth.
5. You have a financial advisor – Depending on how you chose your advisor, there may be a better one for you. Family referrals are convenient, but don’t always produce results.
6. You’re divorcing – Untangling finances in a divorce can be messy. Impartial advice is key.
7. You want to build wealth – If you’re still decades from retirement, good decisions today can add thousands to your retirement accounts.
How to Find the Right Financial Advisor for You
Finding the right financial advisor that fits your needs doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with top fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is legally bound to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that will help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and have questions or removal requests please contact email@example.com