Man dies of electrocution in Kansas home

Posted: Updated:
MGN Online MGN Online
SHAWNEE, Kan. (KAKE) -

Authorities say a man has died after being electrocuted while working in the garage of a northeast Kansas home.

The Shawnee Mission Post reports that police and firefighters were called at around 9:15 a.m. Wednesday to the home in Shawnee. Police Sgt. Corey Wilburn said a pest control employee found the man dead in his garage.

The man's death is under investigation but appears to be an accident. The name of the man wasn't immediately released.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.


 

Check out these photos from across KAKEland snapped by our viewers, staff and local officials. Do you have pictures to share with us? Email them to news@kake.com.

MORE SLIDESHOWS HERE