Ex-Cowboys player bound over for trial on rape, battery charges

Posted: Updated:
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -

Former Dallas Cowboys running back, Joseph Randle, has been bound over for trial. 

The 27-year-old is accused of rape, sodomy, battery, and kidnapping of his son's 28-year-old mother.

The incident occurred on September 6, 2018 at the woman's apartment, while their son was inside.

During the preliminary hearing she said, "I was just scared," when she was asked to perform various acts of intercourse. She also described injuries to her face and lip.

At one point during the hearing, Randle spoke up and said, "She never said no." His attorneys did not cross-examine the victim.

Judge Kevin O'Connor had to repeatedly ask Randle to stop speaking out in court.

"Mr. Randle, I've already told you, Mr. Randle, that you can't just blurt things out," said O'Connor.

The arresting officer testified in court saying Randle smelled of alcohol, which is a violation to his probation. Randle's probation on a 2016 case included a midnight curfew and no drugs or alcohol.

"You could smell the odor of alcohol. You could tell he had been drinking," said Officer Juston Bradley, Wichita Police.

The judge found probable cause for the case to go to trial. 

Randle is expected to enter a plea of either guilty or not guilty during his arraignment on February 25th at 9 a.m.

He continues to be held at the Sedgwick County Jail on a $750,000 bond.

Check out these photos from across KAKEland snapped by our viewers, staff and local officials. Do you have pictures to share with us? Email them to news@kake.com.

MORE SLIDESHOWS HERE