Biggest stamp hike in decades goes into effect in JanuaryPosted: Updated:
Stamps are set to increase beginning next month, and it's the biggest price hike for postage in nearly three decades.
Prices are going up starting January 27 after the Postal Regulatory Commission approved post office price changes.
The jump in price comes as the United States Post Office has reported years of losses. In the past, President Trump has criticized the USPS for "losing a fortune" for not charging higher shipping rates.
Current and new prices:
- Letters (1 oz.) - 50 cents - 55 cents
- Letters addit. oz. - 21 cents - 15 cents
- Letters (metered 1oz.)- 47 cents - 50 cents
- Outbound Intl. Letters - $1.15 - $1.15
- Domestic Postcards - 35 cents - 35 cents
- Small Flat Rate Box - $7.20 - $7.90
- Medium Flat Rate Box - $13.65 - $14.35
- Large Flat Rate Box - $18.90 - $19.95
- APO/FPO Large Flat Rate Box- $17.40 - $18.45
- Regular Flat Rate Envelope - $6.70 - $7.35
- Legal Flat Rate Envelope - $7.00 - $7.65
- Padded Flat Rate Envelope - $7.25 - $8.00