A 1-year-old Texas boy is recovering after he was bitten by a rattlesnake that was hiding in his toys.
The Abilene Reporter News reports the boy was outside playing with his toys when the snake bit his right hand. It was curled up in his toys near a slide.
The boy was treated at a local hospital and then flown to one in Fort Worth, where he was given doses of antivenom. The city of Abilene said he was alert and had some swelling on his hand.
Firefighters captured the one-foot rattlesnake and cut off its head before taking it and the boy to the hospital.
Big Country Snake Removal said it removed a rattlesnake the day before from a home in east Abilene.
Man bitten by venomous snake while swimming at Cheney Lake
Family reports finding rattlesnakes inside pool noodle
Hunter bitten by rattlesnake in southwest Kansas