2 adults, baby escape house fire in west Wichita

Posted: Updated:
WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -

An official with the Wichita Fire Department says two adults and a baby escaped a house fire on the city's west side Thursday morning.

The fire was reported at around 8:00 a.m. in the 100 block of North Gordon, near Douglas and Meridian. Smoke could be seen for miles.

Battalion Chief Scott Brown said crews were forced to fight the fire from the outside. 

"Two adults and a baby that lived in the residence were outside in the front yard when we got here," Brown said.

No injuries were reported.

Brown said it took crews about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

Chief Stuart Bevis said the fire was caused by cooking on the stove and caused $100,000 to the home and its contents.

Check out these photos from across KAKEland snapped by our viewers, staff and local officials. Do you have a photo to share with us? Email it to news@kake.com.

MORE SLIDESHOWS HERE

  • Most Popular Stories