Affidavit: Father shot son over argument about school

Posted: Updated:

A court affidavit has revealed new details in the case of a Wichita father charged with shooting and killing his son last month in north Wichita. 

It was March 19 that 41-year-old Glen Farrow allegedly killed his 17-year-old son Michael during an argument. It happened about 9:30 p.m. in the 2400 block of N Minnesota.

During witness interviews with detectives one person said they'd received a message from the teen telling them "I'm arguing with my dad whether we have school the 27th or 28th."

That person -- described only as MA -- told police when they arrived at the home they heard three gunshots from out back of the home. Glen Farrow then came out of the from the front door and admitted to shooting his son. 

MA said Glen Farrow told him "He's no longer my son. He's my enemy."

Click this link to read the full affidavit

Lt. Todd Ojile said arriving officers located the the teenager in a nearby alley. He had been shot once in the torso and later died at a local hospital. 

"A friend of the victim was with him in the alley and directed officers back to the victim's house and also informed the officers that the 17-year-old victim's father was the possible suspect in this case," Lt. Ojile said during a briefing Monday morning. 

Family in shock after teenager allegedly shot by father

Officers responded to he home and took the victim's father into custody. Investigators learned that he and his son had been arguing in the front yard.

"During the argument, a handgun came out. The son basically fled the front yard and ran eastbound. And as he was running, the father fired several shots, striking and killing his son."

The boy's father, identified through jail records as Glen Farrow, was booked for second-degree murder. 

Sunday's deadly shooting is Wichita's seventh homicide of the year, and the third in three days.

Previous story:

Emergency dispatchers say a teenager has died after being found shot in an alley in north Wichita.

Detectives were called to the area of 23rd Street North and Kansas around 9:15 p.m. Sunday. The 17-year-old victim apparently was alive when officers found him, but he died shortly after at a hospital.

KAKE journalists on the scene noticed police going door-to-door in the neighborhood around the alley, with a large area blocked off. Dispatchers indicated they were looking for a suspect. No arrests have been announced.

Check out these photos from across KAKEland snapped by our viewers, staff and local officials. Do you have pictures to share with us? Email them to