Sterling Silver Beef Stroganoff
1 pound Sterling Silver tenderloin cut into ½ inch thick strips about 1 wide x 2 ½ inches long
As needed, kosher salt
As needed, freshly ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil
6 Tablespoons butter, divided
¼ cup chopped green onions, white part only
1 teaspoon beef base (optional)
1/2 pound cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup brandy
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 cup sour cream at room temperature
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley OR
¼ teaspoon paprika
12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked
- Dry tenderloin with paper towels. Slice into strips about ½ inch thick. Season with kosher salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat until shimmering. Add the tenderloin strips. Brown the beef on both sides. Transfer seared beef to clean bowl and reserve. (Note: if your pan is small, sear beef in batches.)
- Reduce heat to medium and add 3 Tablespoons butter to the pan. Add the beef base and the green onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until slightly softened. Scrape onions into the bowl with the beef.
- Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter over high heat. When the butter is foaming, add the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté mushrooms for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with beef and onions.
- Add brandy to sauté pan and reduce by half to about 2 Tablespoons.
- Add the heavy cream and reduce until thick. Remove pan from heat and stir in Dijon mustard and sour cream.
- Add the reserved beef, onions, mushrooms and any accumulated juices. Warm gently over low heat. Do not boil or sour cream may curdle.
- Serve over egg noodles, rice, or pasta. Sprinkle with parsley or paprika before serving.