KAKE News – Wichita, Kansas
KAKE-TV, the ABC affiliate in Wichita, is looking for an aggressive, highly motivated and skilled News Anchor/Reporter to join our award-winning staff.
DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Must have strong writing and anchoring ability
- Must be able to perform duties on all social platforms, from on-air, Facebook, Twitter, and all other social media platforms
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to go one-on-one with live interviews
- Must have a winning attitude and want the best in each and every newscast
- Reporting skills will be enhanced by a strong photo staff. It would be helpful to shoot and edit, when necessary
- We are looking for a self-starter
- Must be creative, open to ideas, and make our newscasts as strong as they can be.
- At least 3 years of television news experience
- College degree in broadcast journalism
- Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
When applying please note your referral source and send resume reel to:
Assistant News Director
1500 N. West St.
Wichita, KS 67203
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE-TV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Most Popular Stories
Company surprises employees with $10 million in bonuses at holiday party
A large commercial real estate firm in Baltimore has announced it will pay a $10 million bonus to divide among all 198 of its employees.
Police identify suspect in deadly shooting outside Wichita motel
Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting death of a 34-year-old man outside a Wichita motel.
Body of missing Kansas woman found by loggers in Arkansas
Authorities say the remains of a missing 51-year-old Kansas woman has been found in Arkansas.
MISSING IN KANSAS: Landon Woodyard found safe
A south-central Kansas teen has been found safe.
Hollywood icon Kirk Douglas celebrates his 103rd birthday
The family of acting legend Kirk Douglas paying their respects to the screen icon as he celebrates his 103rd birthday.
KBI serving search warrants in Kansas sheriff's office investigation
Kansas Bureau of Investigation agents are serving several search warrants in connection with an investigation into the Cloud County Sheriff's Office.
Democrats unveil 2 articles of impeachment against President Trump
Democrats have announced two articles of impeachment charging President Donald Trump with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
Family identifies 2-year-old boy struck, killed by vehicle near Bentley
Family members have identified a 2-year-old boy who died after he was struck by a vehicle at a home in northern Sedgwick County.
67-year-old Great Bend woman arrested for "substantial" amount of meth in home
A Barton County meth bust has led to the arrest of a 67-year-old woman.
K.U. researcher charged with theft
Authorities allege a University of Kansas researcher received illegal discounts and avoided paying sales taxes for nearly two years.